Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking around this forum for a while, but never took the trouble to register and introduce myself. Thought it was time now...so here we go!

I live in Vancouver BC and have been riding motorcycles for a long time. I have always been and still am a passionate adventure motorcyclist. I never imagined myself riding a supersport even for fun. But from the day the Panigale 959 was officially launched, I developed this weird itch to own and ride one. I thought it would pass and deliberately avoided visiting Ducati dealerships to resist any temptation.

On a sunny Saturday morning in June 2016 I accompanied a friend to test ride a new BMW which he intended to buy. What I had forgotten was that the same dealership sold Ducati brand as well. Big mistake! I can't recall much of what happened that day, but I remember taking delivery of a brand new 959 two days later and I haven't stopped drooling ever since. Sorry, I am weak! :)

I have done about 4000kms so far and have added a some basic accessories like radiator guards, rear LED turn signals, tank protector, short folding levers, paint protection, bright white headlamps etc. I am eagerly waiting for the weather to improve to start riding again.

Hope to learn a lot from the forum and thanks in advance for all the support and advice from you guys!

Reactions: aayp

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
We feel your pain as Panigale's are very hard to resist.
Not to worry however as we will all do our best to convince you to trade-it-in for a Honda Grom.>:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while, but never took the trouble to register and introduce myself. Thought it was time now...so here we go!

I live in Vancouver BC and have been riding motorcycles for a long time. I have always been and still am a passionate adventure motorcyclist. I never imagined myself riding a supersport even for fun. But from the day the Panigale 959 was officially launched, I developed this weird itch to own and ride one. I thought it would pass and deliberately avoided visiting Ducati dealerships to resist any temptation.

On a sunny Saturday morning in June 2016 I accompanied a friend to test ride a new BMW which he intended to buy. What I had forgotten was that the same dealership sold Ducati brand as well. Big mistake! I can't recall much of what happened that day, but I remember taking delivery of a brand new 959 two days later and I haven't stopped drooling ever since. Sorry, I am weak! :)

I have done about 4000kms so far and have added a some basic accessories like radiator guards, rear LED turn signals, tank protector, short folding levers, paint protection, bright white headlamps etc. I am eagerly waiting for the weather to improve to start riding again.

Hope to learn a lot from the forum and thanks in advance for all the support and advice from you guys!

I know exactly what you mean.. I took a test ride and there was no turning back :)
I can't wait to get it out this season.. I thought it was almost time but we just got over a foot of snow today.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome Panigalester, yes the Panigale is a great thing.

What adventure bike?

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Welcome Panigalester! I'm in Seattle. I'm planning to do a ride up to Canada on my 959 this year! I might ping you for some advice!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know exactly what you mean.. I took a test ride and there was no turning back :)
I can't wait to get it out this season.. I thought it was almost time but we just got over a foot of snow today.

Welcome to the forum!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE.

Thank you. I hear you. We had snow and then continuous rain until yesterday. Had a welcome break today with a bit of sunshine and I took the bike after 6 months of hibernation for a good ride up Sea to Sky highway towards Whistler. The Pani was singing along the twisties. Felt glorious!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Panigalester, yes the Panigale is a great thing.

What adventure bike?
Thanks Able Duc.
I ride a 2014 Super Tenere ES at the moment. Used to be a BMW fan but not anymore. I have done a few cross country trips and planning to ride Alaska this June.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Panigalester! I'm in Seattle. I'm planning to do a ride up to Canada on my 959 this year! I might ping you for some advice!
Thanks Avigil! Sure thing....anytime. You will love riding up here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bright side is you get to ride before we do in frosty Ontario, Minnesota, Michigan and some New England states.
Yes...got to ride tôday after 6 months!! Phew....what a relief!! The bike is breaking in beautifully...she was smooth as silk through 200 kms of twisties.

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question.... i can't seem to edit my original post, is this normal? .
Fyi, in my original post I mentioned that my 959 had clocked 4000kms. I just realised that have actually done only 2500kms. Tried to correct it, but the sit button is not available.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Able Duc.
I ride a 2014 Super Tenere ES at the moment. Used to be a BMW fan but not anymore. I have done a few cross country trips and planning to ride Alaska this June.
Nice couple of bikes you have now.
I have a KTM 1190 Adventure R (it's a long name)
It's nice to get into the great outdoors

·
Registered
892 Posts
Question.... i can't seem to edit my original post, is this normal? .
Fyi, in my original post I mentioned that my 959 had clocked 4000kms. I just realised that have actually done only 2500kms. Tried to correct it, but the sit button is not available.
Forum admins have the site set to only be able to edit posts within some amount of time (~<10 minutes?).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts