Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Really need your help on deciding which bike to get. Am 5 Feet 6 inches, Athletic Build (Weak wrist), My bike is mainly going to be commute to work which is around 16 miles one way with decent amount of traffic, may do 1 track or 2 track days a year...
When I test rode the Panigale, I did have light wrist pain (anything i can do to fix this ? ) thicker seats or higher handlebars???

My question is which bike do I get, I love both the bikes :wink2: Panigale a little more..
I plan on picking up the bike in a few days..
Am also keeping in consideration, the depreciation aspect on both motorcycles:
The choice I have:
2016 monster 1200s : 900miles : $11000
2016 Panigale 959: 2000 miles: $10000

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Monster. The Panigale is not a commuter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Having owned a Monster 821 and now a Panigale 959, I would definitely recommend the Monster if you are going to be commuting regularly. The Panigale is a great sport bike but the Monster is noticably more comfortable and still provides excellent performance. Just my 2 cents.

If you decide on the Panigale, there are a few mods you can do to reduce the wrist pain. Tank pads can help reduce the pressure applied to your wrists during deceleration by simply squeezing against the tank with your legs. The TechSpec X-Line tank pads are outstanding. A better set of grips such as ProGrips (amongst others) can offer more cushion and absorbtion
which may reduce some of the wrist pain. Also, I found that the Ducati Comfort seat has helped too because it provides more grip than the stock seat and I don’t find myself sliding forward in the seat as much during deceleration. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wrist pain is mostly from the ergonomics of how you support yourself. Any other sport bike (eg. Daytona 675, R6, 1299, GSXRs) is going to give you similar wrist pains unless you fundamentally change how you use the handlebars (ie. use them to handle the bike vs. supporting your weight). In line with what @Dingo and @clawdog79 have recommended, a monster (or any other standard, upright seating bike) is going to be loads more comfortable.

If you're really want to mod Panigale for more comfort, you can do what @Flowbrook did (see post) and put on some Motacc handlebars to bring the bars upward and backward.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Monster Monster Monster. The 959 is a diabolical commuter bike.

As far as wrist pain, try to keep a light touch on the handlebars by supporting your upper body with your back. Think about your hands pushing and pulling the grips fwd-backward rather than supporting your weight downward.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hey guys,
Really need your help on deciding which bike to get. Am 5 Feet 6 inches, Athletic Build (Weak wrist), My bike is mainly going to be commute to work
What would you like to read?

Reactions: DJ Shrug

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I would agree with what's been stated above.

Reactions: DJ Shrug

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
@Sankarsh
Based on your stated needs and underlying wants, Ducati has built and currently offers the perfect bike for you.
It has the looks of the Panigale, the ergonomics of a Monster and the wind protection of a Multistrada.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Monster Monster Monster. The 959 is a diabolical commuter bike.

As far as wrist pain, try to keep a light touch on the handlebars by supporting your upper body with your back. Think about your hands pushing and pulling the grips fwd-backward rather than supporting your weight downward.
The Panigale is absolutely torture at 30mph or below.

It is a bike for a mission. Fast and leaned over.

Period.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts