Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Pull the radiator & fan assembly off, then check the front valve cover gasket.
It's two bolts up on the frame, two bolts in front between the two radiators. And one bolt at the back of the oil pan holding the fan Shroud. Disconnect the hoses and it should come off as an assembly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
  1. How many miles do you have?
  2. Is it still under warranty?
  3. Also how do you think it happened?
I’ve got the same leak but I’m taking it in to the dealer as I am still have warranty. I was running 160mph for about 15miles straight on the freeway. I’ve gone faster in blips but not at that consistent of a range. I’ve got 12,838 miles as soon as I got home it started to leak.

YouTube Vid

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
  1. How many miles do you have?
  2. Is it still under warranty?
  3. Also how do you think it happened?
I’ve got the same leak but I’m taking it in to the dealer as I am still have warranty. I was running 160mph for about 15miles straight on the freeway. I’ve gone faster in blips but not at that consistent of a range. I’ve got 12,838 miles as soon as I got home it started to leak.

YouTube Vid
1 - only around 3500
2 - I wish
3 - I thought it was overfilled and my scenario is close to yours. These bikes aren't built to sustain those speeds for that long of duration so pressure can build up a lot.

I thought I might have busted a gasket but from what I'm hearing we're getting blow by through the PCV system, at low rpm you won't get much, if any at all..... You don't have to take anything apart, just make sure the oil in the range when on a rear stand when checking it again. I think it's just overflow from the high heat and pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts