Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

Hope someone can shed some light on what I've done wrong I was changing my sproket cover to the carbon one and one of the steps was to remove the clutch slave cylinder any way I put it back together, bleed it through and then tried all gears (without it started) to make sure it worked.
Everything seemed fine so I put it in Neutral and started it as usual I thought it was ok until i put it into first and it stalled out (on a couple of of start attempts the bike lunged forward like the clutch lever wasn't working). anyway after a couple of attempt I could go along the road about 200 metres then the bike would just die for no apparent reason. i tried to start it again and then I was finally able to ride it about 30 mins no issues at all. I then road it home about 30 mins again without issue. So I though it was simply a air bubble or something ( and am not knowledgeable) because it seemed to go away after time but then the next day when I started it bang same problems again??? and again after a couple of starts it seems to be gone again but now I have no confidence in it.

Help be be appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Yes, you have air trapped in the line somewhere and need to thoroughly bleed it.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
@robattard - take it in to your local certified mechanic and have them bleed the system before you go and kill yourself and/or someone else!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
If you leave the slave hanging down after removal the fluid will tend to leak out. I always wrap it in a ziplock bag and elevate it to where the fluid will not leak out. If you do that it should work fine once reassembled. Also, not a good idea to touch the clutch lever when it's disconnected. I would agree with Kruz, sounds like you have some air in the line. Does your fluid reservoir have the proper amount of fluid in it currently? Bleeding the clutch is a very simple process and easy to do at home, but if you're not confident with doing it, then your dealer can do it in a jiffy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed

So after stuffing around for 2 days it turns out my cable to the gear shift indicator had a break in it so the cable bouncing around was killin the bike and making it stall so the part is being replaced hopefully the problem goes with it :)

Thanks for the help guys

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
So after stuffing around for 2 days it turns out my cable to the gear shift indicator had a break in it so the cable bouncing around was killin the bike and making it stall so the part is being replaced hopefully the problem goes with it :)

Thanks for the help guys
Oh my goodness! That makes sense. I was under the impression it was stalling as you put it in gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts