Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been browsing the forums for awhile now, but I then decided to join today. :nerd:

Current bike:

1989 kawasaki ex500

Goal for next year (ending of 2017 - 2018 off season):
Either the 959 Panigale or what ever current Panigale at that time.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Welcome! There is a lot of useful information on here. Especially if you're still deciding on what to buy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome!

Lots of answers to be found here, but feel free to ask if you're unable to find a certain thing.
Did you at least get the chance to see a 959 in person as yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!

Lots of answers to be found here, but feel free to ask if you're unable to find a certain thing.
Did you at least get the chance to see a 959 in person as yet?
I saw one when I was stock in traffic, but that's different from actually seeing one in person up close.

I live in MN so I was planning on heading down to motoprimo one of these weekends to see one up front and get a feel for it. I still have some time to do more research on them, but I think the bike had already spoken for itself :grin2:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Hello! Better hurry up and get one, you're missing out on all the fun ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome. That's a good long term goal you're setting! I was going to say you might change your mind a few times by then but while I was thinking about the 899/959 I tried quite hard to make myself buy another bike but I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums, I'm new as well. Also a prospective buyer.

The ex500 were really nice looking bikes, what colour do you have ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, welcome to the forums, I'm new as well. Also a prospective buyer.

The ex500 were really nice looking bikes, what colour do you have ??

The ex500 is dark blue in color. It's a nice beginners bike, but it's soon change :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. That's a good long term goal you're setting! I was going to say you might change your mind a few times by then but while I was thinking about the 899/959 I tried quite hard to make myself buy another bike but I couldn't do it.

Thanks! yeah I set that goal because I want to cash it out instead of taking a loan for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello! Better hurry up and get one, you're missing out on all the fun ;)
Yeah I know, I tried hard not to think about it and it doesn't help when your brother tease you with his 09 R6.

I guess it'll just be that much better when I do get it. :) EX500 is not a Panigale, but I am still riding and still learning.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums pause!

Going from the EX500 to a supersport is going to be a huge ergo change. Make sure you test ride it and feel how agile a 959 is though! Keep an eye out and plan for those Ducati Experience Tours/Demo Days if they happen to come to your area.

Since you're quite away from getting a new bike, I'd also consider the new (rumored?) Supersport S that's coming out next year (maybe?). Panigale styling with Monster-ish ergos maybe?

Reactions: pause and Kevin.H
1 - 11 of 11 Posts