Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My name is Jeremy, I've been wanting to get a Ducati for about a year now and I'm finally graduating college and have the start of my career lined up.

I originally had my heart set on the 848 evo corse se, but then I got the chance to sit on both the 848 and 1098 and didn't find them as "comfortable" as I was used to (Coming from riding a GSXR 600 since 2010).

I've visited Reno's Powersports my fair share but never really thought of taking a test ride, mainly cause I didn't have the means of buying something if I damaged a bike in someway shape or form.

Last week when I was up there, one of the sales employees caught me eyeing up all the Panigales in the back and asked if I wanted to take one on a test ride. 10 minutes and a signature later I was in the seat. The only previous Ducati I've ever ridden was a 2005 Monster 600-something.

Man, I'm hooked now. The 959 and my GSXR-600 weren't too different in terms of riding position in my opinion, and I'm unsure whether or not I felt more "in-tune" with the 959 but man that thing was planted for sure. And the sound, the sound of the stock exhaust is so great. I've listened to ruckus22's full Akro Ti System, and that sounds like I would just be super jealous if I heard it in person.

I plan on buying one (959) outright this next winter, or seeing what Ducati comes out with for the 2017 lineup. But that test ride really did me in, now I can't stop thinking about riding one.

Anyhoo I'm here and look forward to discussions and all the beautiful pictures of your guys' and girls' bikes.

Here's a picture of me on my GSXR, taken not too long ago

I really hope that auto-sizes because I spent the last 2 minutes trying to make it smaller to no avail.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Hello and nice bike there... definitely time to upgrade! Trade it in towards the 959 and you'll be sitting in the saddle in a week or less!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and nice bike there... definitely time to upgrade! Trade it in towards the 959 and you'll be sitting in the saddle in a week or less!
Hi Dingo!

I think I'm gonna keep this GSXR, I love it and would feel wrong getting rid of it.

Plus two bikes is always better than one, right?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Hi Dingo!

I think I'm gonna keep this GSXR, I love it and would feel wrong getting rid of it.

Plus two bikes is always better than one, right?
I doubt highly you would ever ride the GSXR if you had the 959. I think most here would agree with me...
The GSXR would be sentimental, of course, but that doesn't mean you would want to get on it and ride while the 959 is sitting right next to it :wink2:

create a poll and let's see what the forum thinks! :smile2:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I doubt highly you would ever ride the GSXR if you had the 959. I think most here would agree with me...
The GSXR would be sentimental, of course, but that doesn't mean you would want to get on it and ride while the 959 is sitting right next to it :wink2:

create a poll and let's see what the forum thinks! :smile2:
959 Panigale!!!!

All i need to say, i forgot about my CBR600RR (first bike) already. If i had a choice, i would only ride the panigale ahah.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

My wife's first bike post trainer (ninja 250) was a GSX-R. When the 959 arrived I told her "You loved that bike, but after the Ducati you wont ride it. It will just sit here." A week after we sold it and she was on the 959 full time she told me "You were right. I have great memories of that bike, but it would just sit here and fade"

Banner day for me as its only the 2nd time in 27 years Ive been right...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts