Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Lisa from Lucas, TX, a new member to this forum but not new to riding Ducati's. My first was a 2000 748. I'm currently a proud owner of a 2015 Scrambler Full Throttle and a 2016 959. I've done a few little mods to the bike to make it my own. I added a lowering link and dropped the front forks so I could get comfortable as it was a bit too tall for me. (Kept the geometry of the chassis true, just dropped it about an inch). I'll bring it back to stock height when I go to track days. Had to put a T-Rex kickstand on it since the stock one was too tall. I had the exhaust wrapped to try to abate that oven on the right side of the bike! It helped, but just a little. Took the rear fender off, integrated the turn signals into the back tail lites. Got a comfy seat and an CNC clutch/engine guard on order as well.

I've been riding for over 30 years and drag raced Suzuki's for 15 years. Just got back from a trip to the Alps where I rode a 2016 Monster 821 and conquered Stelvio, Timmerjoch and a bunch of other high alpine passes. Total blast and I'm saving up my pennies to go again in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good skill on your new AWS 959 fellow rider! Let's see more pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm Lisa from Lucas, TX, a new member to this forum but not new to riding Ducati's. My first was a 2000 748. I'm currently a proud owner of a 2015 Scrambler Full Throttle and a 2016 959. I've done a few little mods to the bike to make it my own. I added a lowering link and dropped the front forks so I could get comfortable as it was a bit too tall for me. (Kept the geometry of the chassis true, just dropped it about an inch). I'll bring it back to stock height when I go to track days. Had to put a T-Rex kickstand on it since the stock one was too tall. I had the exhaust wrapped to try to abate that oven on the right side of the bike! It helped, but just a little. Took the rear fender off, integrated the turn signals into the back tail lites. Got a comfy seat and an CNC clutch/engine guard on order as well.

I've been riding for over 30 years and drag raced Suzuki's for 15 years. Just got back from a trip to the Alps where I rode a 2016 Monster 821 and conquered Stelvio, Timmerjoch and a bunch of other high alpine passes. Total blast and I'm saving up my pennies to go again in the future.

Welcome. I am in Irving and just happened to ride through Lucas today with a small group headed to 380 and New Hope.

There are a handful of forum members that might have passed each other without even knowing! Ride safe and I could see you as we especially enjoy riding around the area.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Hello And welcome to the forum.!

In your attachments of photos........is the first one your 2016 Scrambler?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums Lisa!

That's a pretty awesome history you have!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello And welcome to the forum.!

In your attachments of photos........is the first one your 2016 Scrambler?

Hi PAN959, yes. that's my 2015 Scrambler. I put Norman Hyde bars on it, added the old school Ducati logo on the tank, wrapped the exhaust and got rid of the ugly back fender. I need to take some newer pics of my 959 since I've had the mods. The pic I posed was when it was a week old and still had the paper plates on it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome. I am in Irving and just happened to ride through Lucas today with a small group headed to 380 and New Hope.

There are a handful of forum members that might have passed each other without even knowing! Ride safe and I could see you as we especially enjoy riding around the area.

That is great sinjin! I'll be on the lookout for your 899 or RR. I typically ride with the Dallas Ducati Group and also heard that RideDFW was doing a ride out to New Hope yesterday. Me and my husband Rob (2016 Scrambler Italian Independent and maybe XDiavel if I can talk him into it) are doing easy rides this weekend. I'm scrubbing in a new back tire on the 959 as my original one hit a nail in Melissa last Sunday. I just had that tire perfectly broken in and then bam! Only got 900 miles on it. Ugh.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome. Love the look of the scrambler. As a previous Monster owner I have a soft spot for the look of the naked bike. As a current Panigale owner I love the performance and tech on the Panigale.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi PAN959, yes. that's my 2015 Scrambler. I put Norman Hyde bars on it, added the old school Ducati logo on the tank, wrapped the exhaust and got rid of the ugly back fender. I need to take some newer pics of my 959 since I've had the mods. The pic I posed was when it was a week old and still had the paper plates on it. :)
:wink2:........and that was my next question.......but you're already answered them.....
love the look, love the scrambler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts