Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm looking into converting my high and low beam light bulbs with LED bulbs. Are both sets the same bulbs or different? I can't find anything that tells me if they are or aren't before I go buying.

Thanks!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey all, I'm looking into converting my high and low beam light bulbs with LED bulbs. Are both sets the same bulbs or different? I can't find anything that tells me if they are or aren't before I go buying.

Thanks!
It should be at the back of the manual:
Electrical system
Basic electric items are:.
Headlight type:
no. 2 bulbs: H11 12 V 55 W (low beam);
no. 2 bulbs: H11 12 V 55 W (high beam).

However, I suggest that you stick to just swapping the low beam because they are far easier to get to and the high beam requires removing A LOT of parts.

Reactions: Dingo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks!
It should be at the back of the manual:
Electrical system
Basic electric items are:.
Headlight type:
no. 2 bulbs: H11 12 V 55 W (low beam);
no. 2 bulbs: H11 12 V 55 W (high beam).

However, I suggest that you stick to just swapping the low beam because they are far easier to get to and the high beam requires removing A LOT of parts.

Roger that! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
There's a massive thread on that topic here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I've changed both the highs (w/Silver Stars) and the lows (w/Diamond Vision).
Silver Stars were a slight improvement but not the Diamond Vision as they perform worst than stock but do look better.
If I had to do this all over again today, I'd replace all of them with LED's as they are now relatively affordable with more choices to choose from.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I've been considering going that route as well for the lows. They highs are a pain to change.
The new LED's are smaller, some are plug-n-play with no cables to deal with etc. Their fans have also improved.
Be nice to know what model/brand works and which doesn't.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have tried to install led on the low beam, but it didn’t fit, the cooler part is to big.

I have got this model, seems to have good quality.

This black part gets stuck on a piece of plastic.

Right here.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
It probably fits, but this dissipator is gonna be a little bit weird when you look down to the dash.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Take a look on this part of the description:

"May require some modification on the headlight panel to install these on your Panigale."

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have just installed a H11 Diamond Vision Philips 5000k.

Here is a comparison between the stock (right side) and Philips (left side)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have just installed a H11 Diamond Vision Philips 5000k.

Here is a comparison between the stock (right side) and Philips (left side)

Looks very cool, they should be standard on the Ducati, the OEM looks cheap and old.
Going to give it a try to these Philips, $32 on Amazon Prime. Shame the highs are a pain to do, I always ride with my high beam on, and sometimes people do not see me!! **** txting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I only use the highs when I am between cars on a traffic jam, yes, we can do it here in Brazil, they will only give you a ticket if you do it on the road, but not inside the cities, and when I am in this situation, excuse my language, I don’t fucking care about my head light color LOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts