Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, today I bought my brand new Panigale 959. The local Ducati dealer still needs to deliver it to me officially (I will get it most likely in the upcoming weekend). Can't wait to ride and enjoy it.

When I was browsing in the paperwork from the 959 I noticed that specifications are talking about 110 KW power instead of the listed 115,5 KW power on the Ducati website. What is right?

I am really new to this, so please bear with me guys :)

Second question: do you guys know if there is only one model for the Panigale 959? So the 2016/2017 model is all the same (apart from the European side pipe differences compare to the "under belly" exhaust system)?

Appriciate your help and answers very much!

Kind regards,
Pascal Rutten

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi all, today I bought my brand new Panigale 959. The local Ducati dealer still needs to deliver it to me officially (I will get it most likely in the upcoming weekend). Can't wait to ride and enjoy it.

When I was browsing in the paperwork from the 959 I noticed that specifications are talking about 110 KW power instead of the listed 115,5 KW power on the Ducati website. What is right?

I am really new to this, so please bear with me guys :)

Second question: do you guys know if there is only one model for the Panigale 959? So the 2016/2017 model is all the same (apart from the European side pipe differences compare to the "under belly" exhaust system)?

Appriciate your help and answers very much!

Kind regards,
Pascal Rutten
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum...

Which Ducati page are you citing for the figures? I seem to recall reading that there could be limitations to the HP depending on the country. Is it possible that it is detuned to meet regulations in the Netherlands?

My understanding is that they take the same bike and, depending on the delivery location, affix the appropriate exhaust, but otherwise the components are not much different. Were you thinking along the lines that there is a base and an S version as there is with the 1299 and Supersport?

Red and white are the only choices that I am aware of. Of course, the red is faster, but that is a topic for another thread...

Reactions: Pascal

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Many thanks for the quick answer!
I was not able to post an URL due to low amount of messages (I'm a newbie on the forum).
Lets try again:
The link is: panigale.ducati . com/959/en/tech-specs/

So on this page Ducati is talking about a base 959 model with 115,5 KW

However on my registration paper it says 110 KW power, which to me seems to be a mistake. Maybe mixed up with the 899, which is exactly 110 KW power.

So if I understand right, there is only one base model? Only difference for default delivery compared to that model is the color and the exhaust. The rest is the same. I'm not talking about optional upgrades like the Akrapovic system or Termignoni exhaust, but indeed more along the lines of a upgraded model in 2017 compared to the 2016 model.

Guess there is no change. Base model is exactly the same, right?

By the way: agree with the red preference :)

Reactions: sinjin

·
Registered
118 Posts
Some body could of mistype into the rego papers...... its not like you losing 5kw cause of a piece of paper!

worse comes to worse put it on a dyno.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some body could of mistype into the rego papers...... its not like you losing 5kw cause of a piece of paper!

worse comes to worse put it on a dyno.....
I am not worrying at all, just wondering if Ducati offered more versions of the 959 model, what could explain the power differences.

But, indeed, must be a mistake on the paper :)

Couldn't be more happy with my 959 anyway!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
@Pascal - I know with the 2016 959 models there is only one model/level available. No "S" or "R" versions as is with the 1299. As far as 2016 vs 2017, I have not compared the two, but I believe there is still only one model/level of the 959 offered.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@Pascal
I wouldn't worry about what's on the registration. There's only one 959. However, if we're to pick the fly sh!t off the pepper, there's a 1 HP difference between the US model and the Euro version which must comply with Euro 4 standards. That's why @sinjin red is faster.

Reactions: sinjin

·
Registered
87 Posts
.... the 959 I noticed that specifications are talking about 110 KW power instead of the listed 115,5 KW power on the Ducati website. What is right?
Kind regards,
Pascal Rutten
That is no typo. the RED one comes 110KW. The Ducati engineers and their infinite wisdom made the Artic White faster hence the 115 KW :grin2::wink2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
.... the 959 I noticed that specifications are talking about 110 KW power instead of the listed 115,5 KW power on the Ducati website. What is right?
Kind regards,
Pascal Rutten
That is no typo. the RED one comes 110KW. The Ducati engineers and their infinite wisdom made the Artic White faster hence the 115 KW
Exactly...that's why the white one costs a little more.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Nope. It is because of the clear coat.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Since the color red is lighter than black, the lighter red wheels must produce less centrifugal force and less unsprung weight. Consequently, from an engineering and physics perspective, I must conclude that the red wheeled bike accelerates and turns faster than the black wheeled equivalent.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hmm. If ever one needed a clear example of desperation, they should not look any further than here. If ever I run across a bridge that requires selling, I will know with whom to market it.

And with a willing confederate to boot.

I will notify Mr. Biv, known fondly as Roy G. to those who know him, of these newly found properties of colors.

Lower moment of inertia, even. Remarkable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts