Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the NRC's mirror block off installation video, this youtube user has made another great video showing the installation of the 1299 fender eliminator kit on the 1299.

The 959 and the 1299 use the same part and installation is exactly the same.

You can purchase these fender eliminator kits made by New Rage Cycles directly from www.motomillion.com

Remember 959Panigale.net users get a discount with the forum discount code at checkout, also shipping is always fast and free within USA!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You can purchase these fender eliminator kits
Hi MotoMillion, I don't want to hyjack your sales pitch but i would be pleased to buy from you either an R&G Racing and the Evotech Performance Tail tidy that keeps the stock turn signals. Do you sell either of those?

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi MotoMillion, I don't want to hyjack your sales pitch but i would be pleased to buy from you either an R&G Racing and the Evotech Performance Tail tidy that keeps the stock turn signals. Do you sell either of those?
Don't carry either of them. We mainly focus on parts which we think are the best in their category.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Don't carry either of them. We mainly focus on parts which we think are the best in their category.
Yes the NRC is slick however, some riders are located in jurisdictions where the license plate location change or OEM turn signal set removal may be prohibited.
Consequently, "Best" is a relative thing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reactions: Dingo

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the NRC is slick however, some riders are located in jurisdictions where the license plate location change or OEM turn signal set removal may be prohibited.
Consequently, "Best" is a relative thing.
Not sure what part of Ontario you are from, but I've ridden in Ontario, Canada since one of my places are located there, never had an issue with any of my bikes with an FEK on them.

But then again, like you said, it isn't legal in Ontario, Canada but most cops do understand and if you ride responsibly on the road, they usually do not bother you, or at least that has been the case for me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ive never been concerned about being ticketed for something like this. Ive always wondered though in a situation where you have to get it inspected and the MVD Nazi sends you packing because its not "legal".

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ive never been concerned about being ticketed for something like this. Ive always wondered though in a situation where you have to get it inspected and the MVD Nazi sends you packing because its not "legal".
I'm no spring chicken and I want cages to see me coming, going and turning. While it's true that the probabilities of being ticketed are slim, I just don't need the hassle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Most definitely. I actually think the rear signals on the NRC are easier to see in the sun under the tail than the OEM's.

On my BMW I have near flush mount fronts, and if they werent obnoxiously bright they would be impossible to see.

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most definitely. I actually think the rear signals on the NRC are easier to see in the sun under the tail than the OEM's.

On my BMW I have near flush mount fronts, and if they werent obnoxiously bright they would be impossible to see.
This isn't just true with the Panigale 959/1299 kits for the NRC tail tidies, but almost all their tail tidy kits they make add a element of safety since the signal lights are fairly bright, and more visible than most of the OEM ones that are install on the bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just as an FYI; the motodutchman video is well done and much better than the NRC directions on their website but has a few issues, first, I would not suggest that anyone leave the wiring running through the same hole as the long bolt attached to the washer and nut. The washer will be crushing the wiring and over time will certainly chaff into the harness and eventually ground out. Instead, there is a little area about 2 inches further forward where you can route the wiring and it still comes out under the fender eliminator... it takes a little finesse but is doable. Second, the countersunk holes on the license plate bracket are for mounting the two brackets and thus the countersunk holes are ON TOP, not on bottom as stated in the video.

After the NRC's mirror block off installation video, this youtube user has made another great video showing the installation of the 1299 fender eliminator kit on the 1299.

The 959 and the 1299 use the same part and installation is exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCJ0FM4gvKo

You can purchase these fender eliminator kits made by New Rage Cycles directly from www.motomillion.com

Remember 959Panigale.net users get a discount with the forum discount code at checkout, also shipping is always fast and free within USA!

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just as an FYI; the motodutchman video is well done and much better than the NRC directions on their website but has a few issues, first, I would not suggest that anyone leave the wiring running through the same hole as the long bolt attached to the washer and nut. The washer will be crushing the wiring and over time will certainly chaff into the harness and eventually ground out. Instead, there is a little area about 2 inches further forward where you can route the wiring and it still comes out under the fender eliminator... it takes a little finesse but is doable. Second, the countersunk holes on the license plate bracket are for mounting the two brackets and thus the countersunk holes are ON TOP, not on bottom as stated in the video.
These are really good points. Thanks for sharing.

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts