Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a wide assortment of black colored tank grip pads, etc. But what's the best way to protect the matte paint on a 959 Corse, while not altering the esthetics of the paint scheme? Can anyone recommend a good clear protectant film that will preserve the finish on the top & sides of the fuel tank? Can clear film go over matte paint, or does the matte finish require a special type of film? Thanks

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That topics was covered a lot in the earlier days in multiple threads with mixed opinions. Run a search for paint protections or film and you'll find plenty. I use a good quality matte paint cleaner/wax product that kept the AWS in good shape. Although I have been lucky so far, not much will protect against stones that would be inconspicuous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with Llumar matte paint protection film to protect the awesome paint job. Cost about CAD$600 to have the bike done. Cheers,
S.

I know there's a wide assortment of black colored tank grip pads, etc. But what's the best way to protect the matte paint on a 959 Corse, while not altering the esthetics of the paint scheme? Can anyone recommend a good clear protectant film that will preserve the finish on the top & sides of the fuel tank? Can clear film go over matte paint, or does the matte finish require a special type of film? Thanks

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I’d like to point out that the matte is a clearcote. It’s not matte paint that’s unprotected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts