Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you don't wanna hold your helmet whilst ducking into the shops to grab a few things, how do you securely put your helmet on the bike?

On my old bikes I hooked the helmet chin strap D-rings under the key-removable seat then clipped the seat back in to keep it nicely locked up, but there's nowhere under the rear 959 seat to do this :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put mine on the ground beside the bike. I removed my mirrors, but I wouldn't attempt hanging the helmet on them anyways. Putting the helmet on the tank or anywhere else freaks me out in case it would fall.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard the mirrors break if you breath on 'em lol

On the seat seems unstable, and I wanna be able to walk away for 10 mins so need to lock it down. I found a couple of things...

Front clipon lock looks ok.
Rear pegs look like you'll come back to a freshly roasted helmet.
Combination carabiner looks ok but I reckon it'll be be cumbersome.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was hoping to find answers here too.. because there r times where I would like to bring an extra helmet in case my friends "mostly the girls" want to ride with me.. I do have a backpack with a helmet strap but I would like to be able to put helmet on the rear seat like I used to with old Japanese bikes... while I'm riding it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a look around the handle bars today to see if the sato racing clipon lock would fit; the right side is full of switch gear but the left side has some space on the bar, but there's also wiring under the bar, so no go there either. And as sor3765 wanted, you also can't have a helmet hanging off the bars whilst riding. There goes that idea.

Guess you gotta chuck it in a backpack?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took an idea from someone not to long ago. I use one of the soft pistol lock/cables. I run it from the bottom of the helmet out the front and through the triple tree since it is “skeletonize”. Just keep the lock under the rear seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hang mine off the right side passenger bike. With the bike on the kickstand, kinda makes a platform out of the right side of the bike for the helmet to sit on. The foot peg holds the helmet in place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whenever I park, I keep the helmet tucked inside the windscreen and have never had problems... I do have a cell phone ram mount on the steering column that helps keep it from moving though.

I also consistently ride with a second helmet to keep my clear visor with me at all times and in case I give someone a ride. I strap the helmet to the rear passenger leather grip strap and it is surprisingly secure. Whenever I do, I put down some blue painters tape to keep it from scratching the paint.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I took an idea from someone not to long ago. I use one of the soft pistol lock/cables. I run it from the bottom of the helmet out the front and through the triple tree since it is “skeletonize”. Just keep the lock under the rear seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldnt see the picture here

·
Registered
129 Posts
I remember reading that the netted bungee cords are the safest way of securing helmets on your bike. Attached is what I've used in the past. It can be a bit tedious to strap down each time but I preferred to be safe with it. The helmet could fall off or can catch an edge if it was hanging on the side of my bike.

I've grown lazy with dealing with those accessories. With the additional potential of someone cutting the straps if my helmet was hanging on the side of my motorcycle, I just take my helmet with me where I go. Helmets ain't cheap.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts