Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 959. I have the fairing off the bike and don't wanna put it back together before I upgrade to the 1299 light or get a hid kit. Anyone reads This please let me know what you have done. Also wanna eventually find a pipe for a good price and also wanna know if I need to reflash the ecu......also I live in so cal and wondering if I should get suspension re done for track days. Anyone know where to get a decent price on a full pipe of slip on without header let me know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey there, Adam, and welcome! Is your bike red or white?

Check out this thread, where @360turbo goes through this process. I have an 1199S LED headlight that I was going to retrofit onto the 899, but never got around to it. One of the more not-so-plug-and-play but sought-after mods many 899ers wished to opt for. From what he says, it's a fairly straightforward installation as long as you're somewhat mechanically inclined. One additional piece of kit that's needed is the meter cover / gauge surround from a 1299S, otherwise the DIY of cutting out the current plastic cluster may not lead to the most desirable fit-and-finish. That would be part # 4601D171A in addition to the 1299S headlight. For HIDs, the H11 Diamond Vision by Philips is an easy install. With due reference, a video:

What's your weight? If you're able to get a closer feel for the suspension, you'll get a sense of what changes you may want to deploy for track days. Certainly will be a great decision once you decide to dial in the tune to your weight and riding style on track. Here is a thread with some of the settings to go along with that.

For exhausts, what are you after? Loudness? Quality of sound? Build quality? Minimal price? Prestige? All the current array of 959 exhausts offer one or more of such over the others so it's a matter of what your priorities are. Reflashing the ECU is recommended after a slip-on to maintain a healthy flow, but not mandatory... again dependent of which model you end up going with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
White lights look great. I'm not very mechanically inclined though. Will get someone to do that for me one day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts