Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
about 105 miles/tank.

I don't commute on the bike, it's just a toy so perhaps my milage is poor, I'm not sure. 1450 miles on the clock.

I've never looked at the MPG.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was displeased on the low gas warning, but Ill get used to it. I filled for less than $9 yesterday.
Previous bike had a bigger tank evidently.

181 miles ODO $8.31
87 miles ODO $$8.13
37 miles ODO $0.63

I always text myself my gas expenses and also figure my low mileage for my insurance discounts.

Hope this helps. I don't really care what kind of mileage I get, as long as the bike performs.
I'm still breaking it in.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My average fuel mileage is about 18~19km per liters. The fuel light comes on around the 150km mark, if memory serves me.
Should be good to go 120 miles or 190km (ish) per tank if I'm just sightseeing and not to rowdy on the throttle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I have been tracking this a bit now that my bike is broken in. For the past 300-400 mile trip I have been averaging 38.6 mpg. I usually fill up between 100-120 miles and have yet to put in more than 3.5 gallons.

My riding is typically mix of highway, city and backroads. Not hammering it but not putting around either.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I can tell you exactly what I got because I ran out! :laugh:

I got 245km until bone dry
Thanks. Good to know. Hope you weren't stranded. Based on your throttle use should we consider the mileage of your run as a "base case or a best case" scenario?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I wish Ducati could upgrade their firmware to read "Distance to Empty" when the fuel light comes on instead of "Distance Traveled".

Reactions: aayp

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I have no idea... I'm gonna look into it - all jaunts for fun, no commuting here

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
So far about 150 miles to a tank. So whatever that works out to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm at 41.4mpg but I have been at 52.3mpg, have been playing with speed for the past week, hue.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am getting about 200km from fully filled tank to the light coming on. 245km seems right to drain the tank assuming normal "fun" riding and commuting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I travel sometimes with my bike, 100 miles back and forth to work, mostly highway. gives me around high 40's (~48).

Also i am not reving over 5500 right now, might be a different story after my first break in (600 miles). Oh, also i am on wet mode, so i am sure that affects the mpg as well, with low power output i am assuming the mpg is higher.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts