Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sigh... :|

I honestly barely bumped into it as I was passing by it. Cold day didn't help most likely but serious...the thing just snapped like it was made of glass!

Block offs and bar end mirrors on in the mail. What a bummer though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
sorry to hear.

I'm not much of a modify guy but I found the factory rear views to be about worthless and replaced them with CRG arrow bar end mirrors. Easily the best money I put into the bike! Great product! I'd recommend simple block off plates for the OEM location versus the $$ for the NRC blinkers... they are just not anything special for the money and am not convinced they offer any benefit in the end.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sorry to hear.

I'm not much of a modify guy but I found the factory rear views to be about worthless and replaced them with CRG arrow bar end mirrors. Easily the best money I put into the bike! Great product! I'd recommend simple block off plates for the OEM location versus the $$ for the NRC blinkers... they are just not anything special for the money and am not convinced they offer any benefit in the end.
Well the good news is I did order the CRG Arrows and Kyle bar ends! Should be here shortly. I agree the factory rear views werent' that good. I did, however, get the NRC blinker block offs though...I know some people are less than thrilled with their quality. I'm hoping it won't bother me too much. I wish there were other options out there. I'm not aware of too many. Having the blinkers still there up front though does seem safer to me. Everything should arrive by Friday where I'll install them and see what I think. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darn, real sorry to hear.. but hey, at least it's upgrade time ! Kinda trying to take the edge off of it ... ;) :)
That's the spirit! Part 1 of the upgrade complete! The block offs I'd say quality-wise are a B maybe B-. But man does the bike look good with the mirrors off!! :)

Honestly one of the BIGGEST positives about these NRC block offs is that you can see the turn signal a bit from the riding position. Will help me to never leave my turn signals on again. i'm usually pretty good about turning them off but even just the other day i accendetally left em on for about 5 seconds after a turn and a car pulled out in front of me thinking I was gonna turn again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
HA! My mirror was already busted off on the showroom floor - beat that :D. And for good measure it magically broke (again) a week later. Luckily Ducati paid for it the second time around. I do not recommend "paying" for a new one - aftermarket is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts