Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

So I'm currently living in Spain, that means we have in our market the “non-Panigale" exhaust. Next year, most probably, I'll be moving to NY for a few years, so I was considering getting the 959 there. However, in the future, if I'm planning to come back to Spain, I should change the exhaust the comply with the Euro 4...

Does anyone know if I do it the other way around (purchase the Panigale in Spain) and export it to the US, shall I make any important modifications on the ride?

Thx in advance!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi!

So I'm currently living in Spain, that means we have in our market the “non-Panigale" exhaust. Next year, most probably, I'll be moving to NY for a few years, so I was considering getting the 959 there. However, in the future, if I'm planning to come back to Spain, I should change the exhaust the comply with the Euro 4...

Does anyone know if I do it the other way around (purchase the Panigale in Spain) and export it to the US, shall I make any important modifications on the ride?

Thx in advance!
You won't have to make mods to make it compliant in the USA no. But that's going to be one **** of a price to pay to get it over to NYC...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, going to figure out how much... Maybe the best thing will be to enjoy the bike during my US stay and later on, if needed in Spain, make the needed mods - crossing fingers so an underslung EU4 compliant exhaust appears! (However, if Ducati hasn't been able to save the original design...)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep, going to figure out how much... Maybe the best thing will be to enjoy the bike during my US stay and later on, if needed in Spain, make the needed mods - crossing fingers so an underslung EU4 compliant exhaust appears! (However, if Ducati hasn't been able to save the original design...)
Enjoying it while stock is always a good thing :D

I always liked the idea of doing that till I have a lot of experience on the bike, which then makes modifications even that much more rewarding.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked in another showroom - modifications needed for a US bike to be imported legally into Spain: turning light indicators and exhaust (easy to adspt the euro 4 one, as it has screws, however, the lower body panel/fairing has to be changed as you already know).

OTD price should be lower in the US, as you pay approx. 1000€ extra tax in Europe... Will confirm it with a Spaniard sales assistant in NYC's showroom. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Around 400€ saving if I purchase the bike in NY compared to Spain. Mmhh... This is taking shape... 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts