Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short, took my '16 in for service and possible Throttle Position Sensor malfunction (i have an earlier post about the issues throttle was causing), when i got the call from the tech after inspection, it was noted that my fuel management module and its harness/wiring weren't previously installed in the best location.

It was all too close to the engine casing and well, were burning. The fix was to re-wire everything, repair the fuel management module's harness and place it in a more optimal location. Work was done and cleaned up very neatly.

The bigger issue: Both cylinder valve cover gaskets had to be replaced. Bike has 7,100 miles, i bought it with 5,000 and feel like it's too early for this to happen. Vertical was worse than the Horizontal but opted to take care of both since bike was already there. After a heavy hit in the wallet, the bike feels and sounds great. No issues No leaks. TPS was fine and the culprit was a burnt wire. $$Ouch$$

·
Registered
79 Posts
Valve cover gaskets? I hope you had the valves done while they were in there.

t_bare

Reactions: Borgo959

·
Registered
8 Posts
In short, took my '16 in for service and possible Throttle Position Sensor malfunction (i have an earlier post about the issues throttle was causing), when i got the call from the tech after inspection, it was noted that my fuel management module and its harness/wiring weren't previously installed in the best location.

It was all too close to the engine casing and well, were burning. The fix was to re-wire everything, repair the fuel management module's harness and place it in a more optimal location. Work was done and cleaned up very neatly.

The bigger issue: Both cylinder valve cover gaskets had to be replaced. Bike has 7,100 miles, i bought it with 5,000 and feel like it's too early for this to happen. Vertical was worse than the Horizontal but opted to take care of both since bike was already there. After a heavy hit in the wallet, the bike feels and sounds great. No issues No leaks. TPS was fine and the culprit was a burnt wire. $$Ouch$$
[/QU

Hi, could you please tell us the whereabouts of the wires burning on the engine casing. Having issues with mine blowing 20a fuse :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, could you please tell us the whereabouts of the wires burning on the engine casing. Having issues with mine blowing 20a fuse :(
Sorry I'm so late. All I know is that it was on the right side. I never took off the fairings, i just put the bike on a trailer and took it in. They explained to me what they were doing through the job but i never got to see it in person.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts