Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone successfully install the Blip Box on their 959? Did it work right out of the box?

I installed mine a week ago and the system is not working. I made all connections; blip box module, throttle, load cell, CAN line. I have no errors on the dash. DQS is enabled and showing on the dash. Start up LED sequence on the module is perfect.

I installed it on both my CNC Racing rearset in both standard and GP Shift, as well as with the stock rearset. The Blip Box unit is receiving signal from the load cell on downshift but is receiving no activity on upshifts. As a result I have no quick shifter functionality. Any ideas?

———————————

Update: Got the replacement auto blipper in. They included the USB cable with the replacement so I was able to figure out the issue after finding the replacement unit also did not work. Turns out the problem was that the sensitivity of the load cell needed to be adjusted via the PC software. The manufacturer had a typo in the upshift sensitivity value for the batch of blippers that was programmed when mine was built. Upshift value for the 959 Panigale should be 1950Mv but they accidentally put 2950Mv. **** works amazing. It’s a must have for tracking this bike.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Contact the manufacturer? What did they say? or did you buy this unit off fleabay and seller claims it worked...?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did you connect it under the seat?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contact the manufacturer? What did they say? or did you buy this unit off fleabay and seller claims it worked...?
Yeah. Was emailing with **** but he believes my CNC rearset isn’t applying enough pull pressure to the load cell, which makes no sense to me since the rearset works perfectly fine with the stock quick shifter. I can’t imagine the blip box load cell requiring substantially more pull than the stock one. I adjusted the rear set in every possible position it allows and pulled really hard on the load cell with no success.

Got the unit from Ducati Omaha. They are RMA’ing but but just want to see if anyone else had the problem.

Did you connect it under the seat?
No connection under the seat for the 959. It’s behind the damn headlight fairing which makes the wiring installation a pain in the *** on top of running into this issue.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mine plugged into the loom under the rear cowl/passenger section on my 959. Been a while but I remember it not functioning because I didn't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine plugged into the loom under the rear cowl/passenger section on my 959. Been a while but I remember it not functioning because I didn't.
Man I WISH it was that simple. LOL. I guess their newer models are different. It plugs into the GPS connector above the headlight assembly now. I wish I realized this before buying because I would have upgraded my windscreen as well while I was in there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my blip box from Ducati Omaha as well and installed it myself and have had no issues with it. After loading the base map it worked right out of the box.

did you get the win blip software too? The software is really useful for troubleshooting since you can see the voltage reading from the strain gauge in real time and make sure it is responding in both tension and compression.

The only two ideas I have are
1.) possible length issue with the shift rod. Since I still have stock rearsets I copied the oem shift rod length. However with an aftermarket rear set it’s possible the length of the shift rod could be an issue. If everything shifts normal when using the clutch I don’t think this would be the case and tension should still be applied to the strain gauge so it would still trigger. Just an idea though.
2.) I know those strain gauges are very sensitive during install and applying too much wrench force to them when assembling the shift linkage can break the strain gauges. They are robust in pure tension and compression but pretty fragile with any twisting load. That’s why I like the winblip software to verify all the inputs are working and strain gauge is responding.

that’s the only things I can suggest. **** is really knowledgable and helpful so I’m sure I didn’t think of anything he hasn’t already. But that’s the only things I can think of. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts