Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been giving a lot of thought recently to trading in my 959 for a V2. But first, I decided to install an IRC up/down blipper that I picked up about 6 months ago but never got around to installing. I’m glad I did it because it helped me change my mind about the trade-in. Combined with the SBK GP1 exhaust that I installed a couple of months ago, I feel like I’m riding a different bike. Blipping down through the gears on the twisty roads is a blast and the blipper helps create a very pleasing “pop”sound from the exhaust as I blip through the gears. It works flawlessly up and down. There are a couple of down sides. Installation is about 5 hours plus or minus an hour. Also, the blipper is a bit pricey. I paid $715 for it through WRS in Italy. But that’s a whole lot cheaper than trading in my 959 for a new V2. I think I’ll hang on to the 959 for a few more years. :)
3DB29D7C-FEA9-40D0-8015-7126E365ED4A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Let's see pics of it installed - and what's that display for? Gear selector indicator? Do you have to install it? If yes, where'd you put it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The display is for adjusting settings such as upshift/downshift timing, upshift/downshift pre-load and more. All settings are adjusted via this module/display. A computer is not needed. It fits nicely underneath the seat for easy access. Installation is fairly involved as there are several wires that must be plugged in. Its mostly plug and play except for the shift rod which must be cut to the correct length. I think they just make a generic shift rod for all bikes and it is up to you to cut it for your specific application/bike. I’m very happy with the final product. The only limitation is that it won’t “blip” below 3000rpm but who needs to blip at that low of an rpm? It’s more of a racing application or for use during aggressive road riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Glad to read this. Not really my case as I’ve only had my 959 for a few months and still loving it. It is always tempting to change up to the latest and greatest but by adding the blip box, really you’re only missing the colour display, single sided swinger, if it bothers you and a couple of ponies more. I’ve been reading up on the blip boxes and seems to be a decent option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts