Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I’d share pics of the Motobox LED tail light with integrated turn signals and Motocomposites carbon fiber lower tail cover that I just installed. I removed the previously installed NRC turn signals. Gives the rear end a clean, smooth appearance with no holes. Took me about two hours to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks awesome did you use a silicone adhesive on the tabs how hard was putting in the carbon tail?
yes, I used silicone adhesive. I removed the screws on the bottom of the tail fairings. Next I removed the stock tail lights and lower tail cover. Then I attached the new LED tail lights to the new carbon fiber lower cover and applied Silicon adhesive to the tabs. After the silicon dried, I plugged the new unit (LED lights/carbon fiber cover) to the bike. It wasn’t that difficult. It just required patience like most projects on this bike.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks really nice. I like it! I will probably get that lower carbon but once things pick back up again. I like how smooth it is. What weave pattern did you get and is that the full carbon one? What silicon adhesive did you use? I will need one that is able to survive out here in the heat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks really nice. I like it! I will probably get that lower carbon but once things pick back up again. I like how smooth it is. What weave pattern did you get and is that the full carbon one? What silicon adhesive did you use? I will need one that is able to survive out here in the heat.
Thanks! Motocomposites 100% carbon fiber, plain weave matte finish. I just used an indoor/outdoor clear silicone that I purchased at Home Depot. Nothing special. It seems to be holding up just fine so far

1 - 7 of 7 Posts