Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm finally purchasing my dream bike.
I've been searching the forums for a more up to date insurance on the 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale.
I currently live in GA and turning 30 with 14 years of riding experience. Some of the quotes I'm getting are mind blowing.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've been searching the forums for a more up to date insurance on the 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale.
I currently live in GA and turning 30 with 14 years of riding experience. Some of the quotes I'm getting are mind blowing.
Who are you getting quotes from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've checked progressive they want 4700 a year. Dairyland wants 3445 year. Gieco wants around 2400 year. I'm just lost. Nobody from state Farm has returned my call either.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've checked progressive they want 4700 a year. Dairyland wants 3445 year. Gieco wants around 2400 year. I'm just lost. Nobody from state Farm has returned my call either.

Forget Progressive and Gieco... they don't like sportbikes despite the commercials implying otherwise. Not sure about the back story on Dairyland.

Allstate is another to avoid.

Try and find another State Farm representative and see if they will be more responsive and be sure to get in touch with Farmers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I currently live in GA and turning 30 with 14 years of riding experience. Some of the quotes I'm getting are mindblowing.
I also live in Georgia, just bought an arctic white 959 2018 last month from Atlanta Ducati. My insurance is 180 a month and 1000 deductible. Insurance guy said if I do a safety course he could knock off 100 a year. Might not be the same but you can ask.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Forget Progressive and Gieco... they don't like sportbikes despite the commercials implying otherwise. Not sure about the back story on Dairyland.

Try and find another State Farm representative and see if they will be more responsive and be sure to get in touch with Farmers.
Geico is good to me here in NYS. They insure both my Panigale 959 and a DR200S for $1170 per year total for both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also live in Georgia, just bought an arctic white 959 2018 last month from Atlanta Ducati. My insurance is 180 a month and 1000 deductible. Insurance guy said if I do a safety course he could knock off 100 a year. Might not be the same but you can ask.
Darn, if you don't mind me asking, who do you have for your insurance? Are you younger then me ? or older? sorry but I'm just trying to get answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thank you for the heads up. I'm trying to get as much research I can. I'm purchasing my Ducati 959 next week lol.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Geico is good to me here in NYS. They insure both my Panigale 959 and a DR200S for $1170 per year total for both.
I would be curious to know how that compares to other providers in your area. The zip code for where your bike is stored has a big influence on the amount of the comprehensive.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would be curious to know how that compares to other providers in your area. The zip code for where your bike is stored has a big influence on the amount of the comprehensive.
I never bothered to price compare because my autos have been with Geico for ages and I took the path of least resistance when I added the bikes. I probably should shop around.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I never bothered to price compare because my autos have been with Geico for ages and I took the path of least resistance when I added the bikes. I probably should shop around.
I only ask because I thought I was getting a good rate from my Allstate agent that we had been with for years and really looked after us. However when I moved from a Monster 796 sporty bike to the Panigale sportbike, my rates soared and when I sent out for quotes with Geico and a few others, they were all around the same amount except for Farmers and State Farm. State Farm are actually cheaper on the bikes, but they are move for my 911 and 370Z Nismo (which some agents won't touch because of the nature of the car), so we stayed with Farmer's to take advantage of the multi policy discount with the less expensive home coverage and cars.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Turning 30 with 14 years of riding experience.
How many of those years riding did you have a bike insured in your name? Also do you have your motorcycle endorsement?

I'm younger than you and opt'ed for the 959 as my first bike, 5 months after completing the MSF course for my motorcycle endorsement (no riding experience otherwise). The quotes you got from Progressive and Geico are comparable to what I saw, but with the recommendation from many many people from this forum and other forums, I reached out to State Farm with low hopes. I got a ~1200$/year quote which has since raised to ~1500$/year due to a speeding ticket while on the 959.

It seems that with a longer track record of insuring a motorcycle, premiums decrease over time (barring delinquencies >:)) but if you don't have any record currently, there's no incentive for an insurance company to quote low premiums.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How many of those years riding did you have a bike insured in your name? Also do you have your motorcycle endorsement?

I'm younger than you and opt'ed for the 959 as my first bike, 5 months after completing the MSF course for my motorcycle endorsement (no riding experience otherwise). The quotes you got from Progressive and Geico are comparable to what I saw, but with the recommendation from many many people from this forum and other forums, I reached out to State Farm with low hopes. I got a ~1200$/year quote which has since raised to ~1500$/year due to a speeding ticket while on the 959.

It seems that with a longer track record of insuring a motorcycle, premiums decrease over time (barring delinquencies >:)) but if you don't have any record currently, there's no incentive for an insurance company to quote low premiums.
I was stopped at a routine ramp exit inspection/registration certificate inspection by NYS Troopers and they told me they never chase motorcycles. I would not put that to the test but I have putting a radar detector on my panigale as a new year's resolution. Challenging to stay at posted speed limits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

Ive been insured since I was 16 when I got my motorcycle license lol. Just when I moved down to GA, everything for my insurances are high. no endorsements, but I did complete the safety course..My first 3 bikes were yamaha r6's so everything is there.
Not to mention we are renting right now but our house will be ready in the summer.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Ive been insured since I was 16 when I got my motorcycle license lol. Just when I moved down to GA, everything for my insurances are high. no endorsements, but I did complete the safety course..My first 3 bikes were yamaha r6's so everything is there.
Not to mention we are renting right now but our house will be ready in the summer.
****, what was the increase on premiums of your other bikes when you moved?

·
Registered
439 Posts
They chase you in Texas! I was nearly treated to an extended stay with Celina PD, however I was fortunate enough to ride away from that stop without so much as a ticket. I am not necessarily proud of my behavior over the course of that event... it involved very high speeds and a misunderstanding that I was running from him. I pulled over as soon as I saw the lights and it was too long in the officer's mind and by then, the damage was done. It took me nearly 45 minutes to convince him not to take me in and he wound up letting me go.

That was toward the end of last year and I haven't been riding in the area since.
@Kruz knows what I am talking about!

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
****, what was the increase on premiums of your other bikes when you moved?
I think it came out to be by 5 or 6 percent of a increase. I still have my R6 down here. I just don't ride it a lot. I have just comprehension on it since it gets cold and tires dont stick well as we all know. Until it warms up. I digress.
Saturday I go to Mountain motorsports and see what the **** I can work with these insurance companies.

Plus I am retaking the MSF course again. I need any discount possible.

Glad everyone is sharing their stories and what they are paying. It is helping coming from Ducati owners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in Santa Cruz California and pay $62 /month to GEICO for full comprehensive and collision on my 2016 959, liability only on my 2008 CBR 1000RR.

-47 years old
-MC endorsement last 30 years
-No claims or tickets last 5 years (knock on wood)
-Carry about 5x the state minimum for property and personal injury liability
-$1k deductible for comp and collision

BTW - I was with Nationwide until I bought my 959; when I went to add the Ducati they wanted $200/month for the Panigale alone so I switched to Geico.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts