Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussion about Insurance companies, coverage and premiums. Share your experiences and findings. :surprise:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Foremost Insurance (covers track days)

250, 500, 250

1000 deductible

uninsured Motorist Coverage

2484/yr, 207/monthly

Age 31, Bay Area CA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
29 m
I just switched to statefarm and they are soooo much cheaper than anywhere else ive been.
I did have to switch my truck and house insurance for the extra discounts, and I pay a bit more on the truck than i did with allstate but
on the 959 with 100/300 and deductibles 1000comp 1000 collision
its $644.40 annually! allstate quoted me at 4k for the same coverage

i have basic liability on an R3 and its 85.04 yearly... not sure what they are doing over there but ill take it.
highly recommend getting a quote from them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you guys think you'll go to the track frequently enough to get annual track insurance? I'm not certain i would be going every month, mostly because of the winter months but also because I just don't think I'd go quite that often. A few months in the summer seem sufficient.

·
Registered
117 Posts
29 m
I just switched to statefarm and they are soooo much cheaper than anywhere else ive been.
I did have to switch my truck and house insurance for the extra discounts, and I pay a bit more on the truck than i did with allstate but

i have basic liability on an R3 and its 85.04 yearly... not sure what they are doing over there but ill take it.
I had McGraw for years and they ****** me over on my good rider discount so I dropped them and went to state farm. I have all my Insurance under them now so my rates are good. I would give them a call and get a quote from your local agent of you are having trouble finding something in your budget.
I pay about 830 for 6 months with full coverage a d 500 deductible.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
In the Midwest Geico is by far the cheapest I've found for motorcycles. Although, I was a little shocked at how much more the 959 is than my 1199.

·
Registered
208 Posts
State Farm has given the best quotes so far, even less than Geico, without any multi car policy.

·
Registered
143 Posts
State Farm all the way. Progressive quoted me $4000/yr. I'm 42, zero claim history, part time driver (I travel 1/2 the month) with good credit. Progressive basically only wants to insure cruisers. I moved my car and bike to State Farm. They are about $1600/yr on the bike.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I don't have the bike yet, but I just got a prelim quote from Geico - I have 2 cars with them - for $54.79 a month

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I used to have geico on my truck and Kawasaki sport touring bike. But when I got my 959, state farm was massively cheaper.

·
Registered
183 Posts
29 m

A couple of questions:
1. What area is that? You're younger than me but pay nearly 4 times less than I do.
2. Does State Farm cover track days?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Age 48 (Got motorcycle license 3 years ago, no car accidents in the past 30 years and no ticket in the past 10 years)
Geico $1000 deductible. $843 annual.
Before 959, I had 2014 BMW R Nine T which I bought brand new for about the same price I paid for 959, and for that one, the annual premium was $630, same coverage.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
That's interesting people are getting better rates with State Farm. I'll have to look into that! I currently have several speeding tickets on my record but three of them drop off next year.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI for Ontario Riders

AllState: has good rates but will not insure M1 riders. They also require another vehicle or property insured with them.
Riders Plus: will not insure ANY Panigale

I'm sticking with TD for now as they insure all my other things, will insure my wife's new M1 status and my Panigale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a policy today with State Farm. Best rate I could find.

I had a broker at AAA run two or three carriers. Foremost and Progressive each were ridiculous. Foremost wanted 2800+ per year. 40yo, no tickets in past three years, safe zip code, etc. Silly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
State Farm is the best by far in my area.

Central Valley California
Age-26
No tickets or accidents
2016 959
Single
No auto discounts (Using Framers for home/flood and auto)

I pay $1236 yearly for full coverage. About 103 monthly

Farmers even with my grouping discount was 250 monthly and AAA was 280 monthly.....YIKES!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
A couple of questions:
1. What area is that? You're younger than me but pay nearly 4 times less than I do.
2. Does State Farm cover track days?
State farm did cover my low side at the track. I know if you are racing, they will not cover it. And I think it can vary with other states. I am in Washington state.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Track days are technically riding schools, so I believe most insurance companies will cover you. Racing however, that is categorized as a sanctioned, competitive event and I would bet not covered.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts