Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
21 Male

Full coverage $500 deductible

$336 a month .... i need to find a cheaper insurance.

with statefarm

·
Registered
439 Posts
21 Male

with statefarm
Did you try Farmers?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
For 2018:
$1329 for the Panigale and $1150 for the Monster. Coverage: 1Mil liability, collision and comprehensive with 1K deductible.
This includes multi-line discount for Home, Auto and Bikes with TD insurance. Age 50+, clean driving record and living in a small city.
FYI, location in Ontario makes a big difference in premiums.
This year may be different but in 2016, some companies did not insure any Panigales while others blacklisted the 1199 and 1299 including my incumbent TD.

What I find unacceptable is paying for liability on each vehicle when I can only ride one at a time.
IMHO, the liability portion of the insurance premium should be borne on your driver's license.
1) This would not affect the "one car" driver in any major way.
2) It would lower the premium for multi vehicle which you can't all drive at once.
3) It would increase the cost of a driver's license for those that don't drive which also makes intuitive sense as they're at a higher risk for lack of practice.
4) It would spread the liability premium over a larger base.
5) it would insure that all license holder's have liability insurance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
21 Male

with statefarm
Did you try Farmers?
I haven’t last time I did was a few month back it was insane just called progressive today, they wanted $1100 a month!... what In the actual??? Got State Farm down a bit to $246 because I took defensive driving a year ago but still! There killing me I sold my car so I just have Panigale and that just for my bike... I’ll call Farmers tomorrow any more recommendations?

·
Registered
135 Posts
For 2018:
$1329 for the Panigale and $1150 for the Monster. Coverage: 1Mil liability, collision and comprehensive with 1K deductible.
This includes multi-line discount for Home, Auto and Bikes with TD insurance. Age 50+, clean driving record and living in a small city.
FYI, location in Ontario makes a big difference in premiums.
This year may be different but in 2016, some companies did not insure any Panigales while others blacklisted the 1199 and 1299 including my incumbent TD.

What I find unacceptable is paying for liability on each vehicle when I can only ride one at a time.
IMHO, the liability portion of the insurance premium should be borne on your driver's license.
1) This would not affect the "one car" driver in any major way.
2) It would lower the premium for multi vehicle which you can't all drive at once.
3) It would increase the cost of a driver's license for those that don't drive which also makes intuitive sense as they're at a higher risk for lack of practice.
4) It would spread the liability premium over a larger base.
5) it would insure that all license holder's have liability insurance.
That would be great in TX!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I haven’t last time I did was a few month back it was insane just called progressive today, they wanted $1100 a month!... what In the actual??? Got State Farm down a bit to $246 because I took defensive driving a year ago but still! There killing me I sold my car so I just have Panigale and that just for my bike... I’ll call Farmers tomorrow any more recommendations?
It doesn't surprise me about Progressive... Allstate is just as bad for sportbikes. Unfortunately, State Farm and Farmers are the two companies in Texas that appear to have the lowest rates on sportbikes.

I have Farmers and pay $2400 for two bikes and of the BMW and Ducati the Panigale was more expensive up until last year. Allstate wanted $4000 just for the 899 alone.

Your age and the fact that you are not married or own a house is likely what is really hurting you the most. Until you turn 25, you are going to be dinged hard. I didn't buy my Porsche until I turned 25 because I knew that despite my record, they were going to charge me exorbitant rates to own it and Texas has some of the most expensive zip codes in the US.

Dallas, Las Collinas in general, is one of the highest areas in the DFW Metroplex, if not the state.

If you are in Houston or Austin, then you are likely in the second and third highest respectively.

Good luck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It doesn't surprise me about Progressive... Allstate is just as bad for sportbikes. Unfortunately, State Farm and Farmers are the two companies in Texas that appear to have the lowest rates on sportbikes.

I have Farmers and pay $2400 for two bikes and of the BMW and Ducati the Panigale was more expensive up until last year. Allstate wanted $4000 just for the 899 alone.

Your age and the fact that you are not married or own a house is likely what is really hurting you the most. Until you turn 25, you are going to be dinged hard. I didn't buy my Porsche until I turned 25 because I knew that despite my record, they were going to charge me exorbitant rates to own it and Texas has some of the most expensive zip codes in the US.

Dallas, Las Collinas in general, is one of the highest areas in the DFW Metroplex, if not the state.

If you are in Houston or Austin, then you are likely in the second and third highest respectively.

Good luck.

Thanks, man yea I'm in Houston currently and yea insurance here in insane, Allstate quoted me an insane price as well, I may as well finance a used Huracan or Porche GT3 for that price.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
32. Male. 2 bikes.

Switched to State Farm from Progressive as they quoted me $6,100/year for the Ducati 959. Almost $7,000/year with the Triumph Bonneville T100. Paying ~$1,700/yr with StateFarm for both bikes. Full coverage. $500 deductible.

·
Registered
439 Posts
32. Male. 2 bikes.

Switched to State Farm from Progressive as they quoted me $6,100/year for the Ducati 959. Almost $7,000/year with the Triumph Bonneville T100. Paying ~$1,700/yr with StateFarm for both bikes. Full coverage. $500 deductible.
Progressive are hypocrites by promoting the company as being friendly to motorcycles only to turn around and quote astronomical rates for both cruisers and sportbikes. Typically, a company will show a preference over one or the other, but they have high premiums across the board. One of their commercials even had a Panigale in it! Allstate like Harley riders and will offer full coverage for their high power twin for next to nothing, but the Superquadro twin is super expensive for collision.

Reactions: becausemotorcycle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Progressive are hypocrites by promoting the company as being friendly to motorcycles only to turn around and quote astronomical rates for both cruisers and sportbikes. Typically, a company will show a preference over one or the other, but they have high premiums across the board. One of their commercials even had a Panigale in it! Allstate like Harley riders and will offer full coverage for their high power twin for next to nothing, but the Superquadro twin is super expensive for collision.
Their loss. Had multiple cars with them. Home insurance. And motorcycles. 15 years consistent. But once I bought this Ducati and they quoted me $6100/yr., I pulled everything from them and StateFarm now has everything of mine.

Reactions: sinjin

·
Registered
391 Posts
Their loss. Had multiple cars with them. Home insurance. And motorcycles. 15 years consistent. But once I bought this Ducati and they quoted me $6100/yr., I pulled everything from them and StateFarm now has everything of mine.
I just switched from Geico to State Farm
Geico was $126
State Farm is $74

I stil have my car nad dual sport insured through Geico, but for what ever reason it was much cheaper for the 959 to go with SF.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just switched from Geico to State Farm
Geico was $126
State Farm is $74

I stil have my car nad dual sport insured through Geico, but for what ever reason it was much cheaper for the 959 to go with SF.
Depending on where you are, State Farm and Farmer's are likely the two most favorable carriers for sportbikes in the US.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought my 959 last week, my insurance is through USAA full coverage with 300/300 deductibles. I pay $249.64 for 6 months, which is $41.60 a month.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I just bought my 959 last week, my insurance is through USAA full coverage with 300/300 deductibles. I pay $249.64 for 6 months, which is $41.60 a month.
Super jealous and envious. I'm assuming you are an older rider.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been with State Farm for 26 years. No claims/No tickets. They insure my truck, Desert Sled and now the '19 Corse. I was surprised to see how much the insurance was on the Corse. Close to $100/month. For reference my Multistrada Enduro was $42/month and my Desert Sled is about the same. I was also looking at a '17 1299 demo leftover and the quote on that came back at $58. They said it's because the Corse is new and they don't have a lot of data on it yet. Whatever. Still cheaper than any other company I've tried. It costs what it costs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was shocked when I got insurance quotes for the 959. I still make payments on the bike so the lender has required coverage, forget exactly what the numbers are but its well covered. Progressive ended up being the least expensive for me with state farm a close second. I’m 51 with a clean driving record and I pay 146 a month, it should go down a little when I renew, I had to pay a little more because I hadn’t had a motorcycle policy in the previous 12 months. I live in clark county nevada, and insurance in general is expensive here.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts