Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got my panigale 959 for few days.

I did a ride every night and realize the seat temperature is very hot, whether in heavy traffic or low traffic.

I did some research on internet and someone told that the seat temperature is hot due to the exhaust routing, which right under the seat.

If it's the main reason, if I replace the OEM guard with carbon fiber one (like this motowheels.com/i-23899925-cnc-carbon-fiber-exhaust-heat-shield-ducati-panigale-959-1299-s.html), will the seat temperature be reduced?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
To be completely honest you probably should have seached it a little before you asked.
There is a ton of information on the heat issue.

Some argue that the CF heat shield doesn't make a difference. Personally I can't imagine that it wouldnt help a little.
The popular opinion is that the best way to reduce seat heat is by installing the DP Comfort Seat.

Hope this helps you

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@cuonglm Welcome.
The inconvenient truth is that riding a Panigale in traffic or in sustained low speed situations will not be comfortable.
Very little can be done ex-post to alter this characteristic for such riding conditions the bike was clearly not designed for.
Notwithstanding, as @adrian7 wrote, the DP comfort or DP Race seat will help to alleviate some of the heat which is not being dissipated by wind.
Moreover, consider throttle spacers as your next mod. This will considerably improve your throttle control.
If you don't already own a pair of leather riding pants, I would suggest purchasing them prior to spending money on carbon bling.
Hope this helps and enjoy your new Panigale as it's an awesome ride.

Reactions: cuonglm

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@DarR

Yes, throttle spacer sounds very good. Sometimes I have problem with rev-matching with my bike, I thought it was my fault. I will order it ASAP (It's sad that in Vietnam, I can't get things easily like you guys :().

I intend to buy Dainese Misano pants, it looks awesome.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yep, there's that huge thread, but there's just a lot of subjective opinions everywhere so your your mileage may vary.

My 2 cents: Polishing 959 Panigale Exhaust Pipes - Post #17

I took my rear heatshield off completely off and only noticed a slight difference. From here:
Wrapping back around to give my experience with removing the rear heat shield and head covers:
  • Heat on the shins - no change. Still mostly from contacting clutch case.
  • Heat on inner thighs - no change. Seems like minimal heat comes from head covers.
  • Heat on butt - probably cooler. Don't notice it, even at a standstill with ECTs at 200-205 F.
  • Heat on chest - no change. Have perforated jacket, don't feel any difference in heat.
  • Heat under helmet - noticeable heat now. Seems like now that the heat isn't shielded, it actually rises up to my helmet.

Not gonna put either back on, but yep, overall, I'd say that there hasn't been a negative change for removing the rear pipe shield and plastic head covers.
Since you currently have problems with the heat, you're probably not going to see any improvements to it. Real riding pants are probably the quickest solution for you.

Reactions: DarR and cuonglm

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes they look great. Do you have a Dainese jacket? If yes, make sure the zippers match-up.
If you need street pants instead of track pants and you're not locked-into the Dainese brand, may I suggest Rev'It Gear 2 pants.
With your hot whether, the gear 2 has mesh in front for good cooling while it has leather and armor everywhere else for protection.
It's the only pants of its kind available. Everybody makes track pants but only Rev'It makes good street pants.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-gear-2-leather-pants

Reactions: cuonglm

·
487 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@cuonglm Welcome.
The inconvenient truth is that riding a Panigale in traffic or in sustained low speed situations will not be comfortable.
Very little can be done ex-post to alter this characteristic for such riding conditions the bike was clearly not designed for.
Notwithstanding, as @adrian7 wrote, the DP comfort or DP Race seat will help to alleviate some of the heat which is not being dissipated by wind.
Moreover, consider throttle spacers as your next mod. This will considerably improve your throttle control.
If you don't already own a pair of leather riding pants, I would suggest purchasing them prior to spending money on carbon bling.
Hope this helps and enjoy your new Panigale as it's an awesome ride.
Just want to let you know that I got throttle spacer and installed it today.

It's just wonderful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
@DarR

Just a heads up with these pants - I tried them on over the weekend and the sales assistant said 'NOPE not for you'. The Misano was wide and quite baggy and he said it suits larger built people. Being asian my legs are rather slim. Only judging by you being in Vietnam you might fall under the same category (If not ignore this). The Dainese Delta Pro was the correct fit for slim legs (not even the Delta Pro Evo which he said is also wide).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts