Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking to buy the 959 in these coming days, but I am not sure, maybe I should wait for the 2017 to come out?
Any input when does Ducati releases info on new models, and are there any rumors on changes to new model?
I do not want to buy it this weekend , just to hear a week later that the 17s are coming with auto blip, or LED lights or an all paid weekend with a Victoria Secret model.>:)
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I believe there they are currently running a low interest rate incentive on the 2016 models. So barring any mechanical changes to the 2017's, I would say the better buy currently is on the 2016's. Although these offers are a bit confusing. If you follow the links, the Panigale's disappear from the list. http://www.ducatiusa.com/special-offers-2016.do

·
Registered
57 Posts
Since they didn't say anything at the Intermot, it's probably fair to assume that the 2017 won't have any changes (based on their cycle I wouldn't expect a new/modified/enhanced 959 before 2018 anyway). They may have something at EICMA but so far there haven't any indications for it.

And to self-promote..if you are deciding on a white 2016 959...might want to take a look at the Classifieds...I have one for even less than their interest rate... ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had the same thoughts on whether to go with the 2017 or the 2016. There are no changes between the two. They are currently running 0% for up to 60 months on the 16s only. The 17s are a few hundred more MSRP as well.

Compare the two on the ducatiusa.com site and you'll see they are identical.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe there they are currently running a low interest rate incentive on the 2016 models. So barring any mechanical changes to the 2017's, I would say the better buy currently is on the 2016's. Although these offers are a bit confusing. If you follow the links, the Panigale's disappear from the list. Special Offers from Ducati
Yes, I do not understand, in the Ducati site is 0% finance rate, but no in store credit. At my local dealer they quoted me $18,500 OTD plus $1,000 in store credit, and 3% finance rate.
So, I am going to think about it, I have until Dec 31st. But want it now :grin2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same thoughts on whether to go with the 2017 or the 2016. There are no changes between the two. They are currently running 0% for up to 60 months on the 16s only. The 17s are a few hundred more MSRP as well.

Compare the two on the ducatiusa.com site and you'll see they are identical.
So the 2017s are already out? If there is no difference I am buying the 2016.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
119 Posts
So the 2017s are already out? If there is no difference I am buying the 2016.
Yes. If they aren't in your shop now, they are boxed in the back, or in transit. There is no difference to the '16

·
Registered
55 Posts
For what it's worth I just bought a white 2016 for $16,100 OTD and 0% interest for 60 months. No in store credit was offered.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
My guess would be it's either the money or the rate. But if the banks are at 3% it might be better to take the cash. I'd have to do the math...

·
Registered
119 Posts
The offer through Ducati credit is 0% only for the 959, other bikes offer a choice between 0% or $1000-$1500 in gear.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Buy now, just picked up a white 16 14650 otd at 0%.

They aren't updating the 959 for 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got mine for 15,995 or about 18,000 after taxes. Dealer covered freight/pdi and gave me 600 in accessory/service credits with 0% financing. USD it comes out to about 13,500, you guys should buy bikes in Canada with our dollar being so shitty right now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I was thinking if there were any real difference between a '16 and a '17. And, there isn't, so I went to the '16 and 0%, as I plan to keep it for long time. so I do not care about the resale value difference of a '16 vs. '17. And in the future when I am done riding for good, I will put it in my living room, it'll make a nice coffee table :)

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
0% is hard to beat! lol!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
0% is hard to beat! lol!
Yes, 0% and 0 down. So it came down to a small monthly payment (for 5 years).
Can also do pay out at any time. I am happy (wife is happy) with the deal + $1k in Ducati goodies.
It was harder to say no, than to say yes :)

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes, 0% and 0 down. So it came down to a small monthly payment (for 5 years).
Can also do pay out at any time. I am happy (wife is happy) with the deal + $1k in Ducati goodies.
It was harder to say no, than to say yes :)
With a deal like that, I can see why!!! Great Job!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Funny because when I demo'd one I got back and told the salesman I was waiting till December and he started his thing and I stopped him saying "I didn't come to buy a bike and you will have to make an offer so good I can't walk away". He did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts