Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions? I have a feeling that this is a good match between Lorenzo's riding style and Ducati's performance. Could be a big year for them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If he can be consistent on that bike then he'll be the one to watch for sure. We'll see. Looking forward to some good competition in '17.

·
Registered
224 Posts
He had enough opportunity last season to sit behind the Ducs and see the strong and weak points of the chassis and I bet he can't wait to exploit all of that horsepower! When he is hooked up there is no one faster. It should be an interesting lead pack with Vinales, Lorenzo, and Rossi all on strong bikes, they better pray that Honda doesn't give Marquez more exit grip or else I think he will walk away with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone think Ducati will have a problem without those wings next year? That coupled with Lorenzo being new to the bike seems like a bit of an uphill battle. I think this coming year may be more of a "figure it out" kinda deal, at least in the beginning.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
well, they only have another 4 years until the mill changes to a 4 so I can't imagine them putting that much more into it

·
Registered
113 Posts
well, they only have another 4 years until the mill changes to a 4 so I can't imagine them putting that much more into it
Ducati has a V4 in MotoGP.
The winglets are forbidden for next season, but some think Ducati is going to come up with a wider fairing that will incorporate some kind of internal wings, that is why they were testing the '17 bike with the winglets still on. Who knows, also could be to help Lorenzo get used to the front grip that is different to Yamaha, baby steps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts