Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Been a long time waiting for this day to arrive and it finally has. Just bought me a new 2017 959 Panigale, when I say new I mean it only has 72km on the odometer and it's mint. Belonged to the owner of a Ducati dealership and he collected most models and was selling this one, so just got very lucky.

I do have a question, so hopefully, someone here can help me out. I would like to install axle sliders and spools for the bike. I was thinking of going with Lightech, but I would like to hear your recommendation as I don't want to install something cheap, or that won't last in the long run.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
They make great products, I think that’d be a smart purchase. What’d you pay for the bike? Curious minds wanna know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They make great products, I think that’d be a smart purchase. What’d you pay for the bike? Curious minds wanna know!

Thanks for the advice Dingo. Appreciate it. I traded in my 2017 cbr600rr with only 5500kms on it. Had full headers down Yoshimura Exhaust with some other R&G and TST modes on it too. I got almost $9,200 for the bike and haggled the guy a bit and paid the difference of $3,500 all in. This would be in CAD dollars. The owner wanted the bike out to make room for new bikes be had bought, so he gave me a deal. Will be picking it up next week

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Wow - about $9600 US - sounds like a great deal you got!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good make sure you have fresh fluids new tires!
You should consider Engine Ice as your Antifreeze. I’m glad that you get to pick it up sooner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good make sure you have fresh fluids new tires!
You should consider Engine Ice as your Antifreeze. I’m glad that you get to pick it up sooner.
Thanks bud. It does. I will look into Engine ice and I know these bikes are known to hear up a lot

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live in the Desert it runs 20-30 degrees cooler! It also protects for colder temps so you’ll need that up North for you! It’s easy and pre mixed just flush radiator and add Engine Ice. Your good to go! Also get the Ducati Throttle spacers. There should be a link on the forum for the spacers or a code. Let’s see the pics when you pick her up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in the Desert it runs 20-30 degrees cooler! It also protects for colder temps so you’ll need that up North for you! It’s easy and pre mixed just flush radiator and add Engine Ice. Your good to go! Also get the Ducati Throttle spacers. There should be a link on the forum for the spacers or a code. Let’s see the pics when you pick her up.
Will do..thx bro for all your help. Much appreciated

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow - about $9600 US - sounds like a great deal you got!
Do you still recommend this product in 2020 or something better had turned up? What do you use to clean the wheels.. same thing? Sorry for all the questions. I want to keep the matte clean and scratch free.
"Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish*

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yeah, I still use it. It’s the best cleaner and polish in one. Spray a little on a microfiber cloth and wipe - a little goes a long way. I clean Everything but the chain with it.
I’ve done it that way since I drove off the lot and the matte finish hasn’t developed any shiny spots. Don’t spray the bike.
I only spray the windscreen directly sometimes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I still use it. It’s the best cleaner and polish in one. Spray a little on a microfiber cloth and wipe - a little goes a long way. I clean Everything but the chain with it.
I’ve done it that way since I drove off the lot and the matte finish hasn’t developed any shiny spots. Don’t spray the bike.
I only spray the windscreen
I only spray the windscreen directly sometimes.

I've heard of this product so will get it. Service guy at the dealership told me to use Flitz Matte finish cleaner but I have never heard of it, so I'll go with the one you use. Dumb question, you clean the rims with them too or you use soap and water?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard of this product so will get it. Service guy at the dealership told me to use Flitz Matte finish cleaner but I have never heard of it, so I'll go with the one you use. Dumb question, you clean the rims with them too or you use soap and water?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I never use water. Yes wheels too - spray directly on the them. Like I said, everything but the chain gets HSC&P.
Cleaning the chain is a 2 step process (when you need to do it) - First step WD40 with toothbrush to clean all the grime, wait for it to evaporate. Second step is lube with Motul. It's an extremely messy process, even using cardboard behind the chain, so be sure to clean and lube chain first before cleaning the rear of the bike with HSC&P.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I never use water. Yes wheels too - spray directly on the them. Like I said, everything but the chain gets HSC&P.
Cleaning the chain is a 2 step process (when you need to do it) - First step WD40 with toothbrush to clean all the grime, wait for it to evaporate. Second step is lube with Motul. It's an extremely messy process, even using cardboard behind the chain, so be sure to clean and lube chain first before cleaning the rear of the bike with HSC&P.
Will keep that in mind. Thank you very much bud. I truly appreciate your time and effort to tell me all this. Thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got the bike delivered yesterday. Here are couple of pics I took. Will wash it this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats! Check the date code on the tires to make sure they are new. The fluid in the reservoirs is dark. It looks like they did not change it. That concerns me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts