Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats! Check the date code on the tires to make sure they are new. The fluid in the reservoirs is dark. It looks like they did not change it. That concerns me.
I know bud when I saw it. I haggled last minute and he knocked off $$ on that. I am taking to Ducati next week Monday for all the fluids to change. The tires are new. Thanks again

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thank goodness! How many miles on it? I would recommend Dunlop Sport max Q3plus for tires over the rossos. They are a much better tire IMO. Make sure what ever tire you do get the date code is 19 or 20 push for 20s. Have them do brake fluid, oil change, coolant flush and put in Engine Ice. I would have them give you a break in the labor or something for your trouble.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank goodness! How many miles on it? I would recommend Dunlop Sport max Q3plus for tires over the rossos. They are a much better tire IMO. Make sure what ever tire you do get the date code is 19 or 20 push for 20s. Have them do brake fluid, oil change, coolant flush and put in Engine Ice. I would have them give you a break in the labor or something for your trouble.
I will look into all of that. I made a list of most things. The tires are 20's. Thanks bud

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good I’m sorry you have to go through so much just to ride. You finally get the bike you want and it seems like a hassle before you can actually ride it. It does look good from what I can see in the pic.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good I’m sorry you have to go through so much just to ride. You finally get the bike you want and it seems like a hassle before you can actually ride it. It does look good from what I can see in the pic.
The bike is in mint condition, so not worried. Thanks for your help and advise

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How is the Bike?
Bike is great bud. This is my first Ducati and what a dream machine to own and ride. It's awesome. The only minor issue I have are the mirrors are kinda useless as they vibrate a lot and can't see what is behind. I changed all the fluids along with the engine coolant flush. I ordered R&G radiator guard shields which arrived this morning. They look nice and seem like an easy install. Going to install them in the next few days. We don't have LED driving lights or high beams, so want to see what good LED options are out there. I don't want to do the1299 headlight conversion kit as it's expensive. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Stock mirrors are useless. Get replacement but not bar end. Check out this link they have lots of stuff and usually in stock all for these bikes. BellissiMoto
You don’t want led it’s a mess time consuming and you have to modify your bike. There’s lots of threads on here about it plus they draw more power etc. You can replace low beam bulbs h11 easy. The high beams much harder. Lots of threads on heat about it. If you got engine ice put in your bikeWhen fluids were done.
My suggestion is Ducati comfort seat, Ducati throttle spacers, new handlebar grips, mirrors. Ducati heat shield or use heat tape. In 90 days or so when you change your brake fluid get new Reservoirs for brake and clutch. You may want to get a new air filter I suggest the MWR high efficiency.
Other than that ride the bike. You have the stock rossos tires?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Stock mirrors are useless. Get replacement but not bar end. Check out this link they have lots of stuff and usually in stock all for these bikes. BellissiMoto
You don’t want led it’s a mess time consuming and you have to modify your bike. There’s lots of threads on here about it plus they draw more power etc. You can replace low beam bulbs h11 easy. The high beams much harder. Lots of threads on heat about it. If you got engine ice put in your bikeWhen fluids were done.
My suggestion is Ducati comfort seat, Ducati throttle spacers, new handlebar grips, mirrors. Ducati heat shield or use heat tape. In 90 days or so when you change your brake fluid get new Reservoirs for brake and clutch. You may want to get a new air filter I suggest the MWR high efficiency.
Other than that ride the bike. You have the stock rossos tires?
I was thinking of changing the reservoirs and getting the heat shield done for sure next year. Either Risomo or go with Ducati ones. They too look sharp. Soon winter will come and the bike will be stored I will look into the mirrors for sure. I do have stock Rosso tires. Waiting for Dynamoto stands for my bike. They on back order. Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it bud. Ride safe

·
Registered
89 Posts
Go with rizoma reservoirs. Make sure you have a battery tender. When you store it If you are keeping it at your house you could work on the bits during the off season.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No idea. But you can use the Griots poly wax. After you clean it and it will be protected just fine.
How is the bike so far you been riding much?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No idea. But you can use the Griots poly wax. After you clean it and it will be protected just fine.
How is the bike so far you been riding much?
Thanks, it's been great bud. Went for a two-hour ride yesterday and loved every minute of it. No complaints or issues. Will look into the mirrors during winter months

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah, I still use it. It’s the best cleaner and polish in one. Spray a little on a microfiber cloth and wipe - a little goes a long way. I clean Everything but the chain with it.
I’ve done it that way since I drove off the lot and the matte finish hasn’t developed any shiny spots. Don’t spray the bike.
I only spray the windscreen directly sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Dingo. I have an odd question to ask and I am sure you will know the answer. Are the red rims on our bikes powder coated or they matte finish? They seem power coated, but need your opinion please...thank you

21 - 40 of 50 Posts