Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got caught in a rain storm, my white gloves need some tlc now.

I was going to get a black and white jacket, Dainese or Spidi. Regardless, I'm second guessing my color selection for a daily use piece of equipment. Thoughts or tips are welcome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner (assuming your gloves are leather). Mainly use it on my white alpinestars leather jacket and it seems to take off most bugs, dirt and other nasties. Works well around the collar which always rubs on my helmet and leaves a gray residue, but comes back out to white after some elbow grease.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I'll scope that out

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Got caught in a rain storm, my white gloves need some tlc now.

I was going to get a black and white jacket, Dainese or Spidi. Regardless, I'm second guessing my color selection for a daily use piece of equipment. Thoughts or tips are welcome.
I studied this hard and the best I found for an all weather street jacket and pants combo are the Rev'It Galactic with the matching Rev'It Gear 2 pants.
Both are Leather/Mesh combo with removable waterproof and breathable liner.

Here's the Revilla link review:
REV'IT! Galactic Jacket - RevZilla

REV'IT! Gear 2 Leather Pants - RevZilla

I own both...really nice gear.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I studied this hard and the best I found for an all weather street jacket and pants combo are the Rev'It Galactic with the matching Rev'It Gear 2 pants.
Both are Leather/Mesh combo with removable waterproof and breathable liner.

Here's the Revilla link review:
REV'IT! Galactic Jacket - RevZilla

REV'IT! Gear 2 Leather Pants - RevZilla

I own both...really nice gear.

Thanks for the recommendations!

That said, I've never used rev it products so I'm not one to shell out $700 just like that. Also, I'm not looking for a jack of all trades kinda set. I like having an array of equipment. Different styles, wet weather, cool weather, hot weather, etc.

The inquiry here was really about maintenance; I've already don't most of my shopping and research, I'm just not certain which color would be best for longevity.

My one set of astars riding shoes are white and black and getting pretty gray..

I'll keep that kit in mind though if I'm ever going on an xc tour and can't take my four jackets, three boots and 3 sets of gloves lol Lookednlike a solid set for one and done.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'm not looking for a jack of all trades kinda set. I like having an array of equipment. Different styles, wet weather, cool weather, hot weather, etc.
I read you. The combo that I mentioned is mostly used for hot weather or wet with the liner in place. I also have a top of the line Vintage style Dainese for colder weather and I'm now looking for a two piece track suit.
About quality: Other than looks, I find the Rev'It stuff much better than Dainese because of their attention to details. It's the small features such as multiple inside pockets, pockets are highlighted in red, two "STD" YKK waist zippers (a 360 and a short 7") which I appreciate among others that makes the product superior IMHO.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
About maintenance, I try to stick with dark leather. I have a Hi-Viz mesh vest to wear over them when required. White is such a PITA to keep clean.

Reactions: Dic

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the feedback on the rev it gear. I'll probably pick up some stuff at your recommendation.

I always viewed their stuff as more touring oriented so I'd mostly never given it fair consideration but I will now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts