Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a solution to shorting a kickstand? I have lowered my bikes and really would like to have the kickstand shortened for more lean angle. I am having a difficult time finding anyone that will weld aluminum.. I tried the t-rex kickstand on my 848 and didn't like it at all.. Any suggestions would be appreciated .. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to shorting a kickstand? I have lowered my bikes and really would like to have the kickstand shortened for more lean angle. I am having a difficult time finding anyone that will weld aluminum.. I tried the t-rex kickstand on my 848 and didn't like it at all.. Any suggestions would be appreciated .. Thanks in advance
My 959 is lowered using Sato racing links. With an inch lower the bike is almost completely upright on the sidestand. I got my dealer to order and shorten (welded) a stock Panigale stand. That might be the best way to do it. I didnt want to do a T-Rex or other aftermarket which dont look as good IMHO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 959 is lowered using Sato racing links. With an inch lower the bike is almost completely upright on the sidestand. I got my dealer to order and shorten (welded) a stock Panigale stand. That might be the best way to do it. I didnt want to do a T-Rex or other aftermarket which dont look as good IMHO.
That's awesome.. do you think I would be able to order one from your dealer also? If so.. could I have the info? Can't hurt to ask.. thanks for the info.. I agree I don't really want any aftermarket ones .. I have tried two different ones not the 848 and neither seem to be comfortable to use.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's awesome.. do you think I would be able to order one from your dealer also? If so.. could I have the info? Can't hurt to ask.. thanks for the info.. I agree I don't really want any aftermarket ones .. I have tried two different ones not the 848 and neither seem to be comfortable to use.
Try to reach Jim @ Seacoast Sportscycle in Derry, NH, and ask them if they can ship one altered. I believe they're around $250 or whatever the stock kickstand price is. In my case since I got the bike and stand from there, alteration and install was included.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just a heads up on this.... I still have original kickstand and mine was lowered about an inch. Be very very cautious. A week ago I ran over a nail and I was not aware of it until next morning. I went to garage that next morning to ride and the bike's rear tire was flat. LUCKILY.... The bike was still standing and straight up. When I say straight I mean a mouse fart would have knocked it over. So we softened the suspension a bit and raised bike up some. When I sit on bike my weight lowers it enough. Look into a softer spring if your under weight.

But anyways just keep that in mind that if you get a flat and your bike is lowered a bit you may find the bike on its side. Just keep it in consideration when adjusting kickstand height or adjusting height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes it will ... I just don't have the money for it right now. Just bought a new rear tire and my jacket, helmet and gloves a couple weeks ago with bike. Christmas around corner... My kids come first... So it will be toward income tax season before I can get the stands and spools.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a heads up on this.... I still have original kickstand and mine was lowered about an inch. Be very very cautious. A week ago I ran over a nail and I was not aware of it until next morning. I went to garage that next morning to ride and the bike's rear tire was flat. LUCKILY.... The bike was still standing and straight up. When I say straight I mean a mouse fart would have knocked it over. So we softened the suspension a bit and raised bike up some. When I sit on bike my weight lowers it enough. Look into a softer spring if your under weight.

But anyways just keep that in mind that if you get a flat and your bike is lowered a bit you may find the bike on its side. Just keep it in consideration when adjusting kickstand height or adjusting height.

Did you get the front forks lowered or just the rear? How she handle?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did you get the front forks lowered or just the rear? How she handle?

They only made a small adjustment in the rear. The front was never touched. As for handling. I've rode it quite a bit since I bought it since we had a mild winter and she has handled great. I'm at almost 800 miles now.

Though everyone has said to adjust both rear and fronts which makes sense, but I don't think they lowered the rear enough to cause a major change in the riding.

I can't really compare how it would have rode before the adjustment as the bike had been adjusted in rear when I rode it for the first time. So hard to say if it rides better / same / worse. I was a little worried about it being on my tipie toes when I first sat on the bike. Now all of my feet but my heels touch the ground.

What I will say is that I have not had any problems. I'm was going to put a softer spring but my fiance sometimes will ride with me and if I put lighter spring and remove the lowering we had done than I won't be able to have passengers since our weight combined would cause an issue. I believe the softer spring is for 150lbs which is my weight. I really haven't looked into it much since I'm use to riding as is.

Sorry can't be much more help for now.

Mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts