Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Kriega tail bag

13K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  aopa1070 
#1 ·
Is anyone using the Kriega tail bag? I definitely don't want to put anything on the tank. But I'm wondering what people use for longer rides. I know they have several sizes (5L, 10L, 30L). What has been your experience with it? It seems like the 5L would have enough for a day trip and would be pretty low profile.

#4 ·
I have the Kriega US5 (5L) which is more than enough if you ask me. I carry a bottle of water, my wallet, patch kit and some ofther little odds and ends. Went through some down pour and to my surprise the contents was kept dry. 10L would be a bit too much for what you are asking for. In my opionion it's the best looking but also functions to carry enough.

Not my picture but just to give you an illustration of how it fits.

#5 ·
Thanks! I think I will get one of those. I don't like wearing a backpack. So you just take the seat off, run those straps under the seat and then put the seat back on? Do you use the "passenger strap" that is under the passenger seat?

#7 ·
They make fuel filler bag mounts and some really low pro bags for minimalists.

The Panigale tail is utterly beautiful. To cover it is like getting a private after hours tour of the MoMA in the dark, with night vision...

#9 ·
Do you have any pictures of it on your bike? With the quick release, what does it look like when you pull the bag off the bike?

#10 ·
I was going to post some pics this weekend so you could see the Dryver in action, but today while trailering my 959 home from the dealer (after its running-in service) my pillion seat flew off (a not uncommon problem?) and was lost on the freeway. I've ordered the seat cowl and will noodle over how to best attach a tail bag to it and if I come up with anything that works I'll let you know.

#11 ·
Purchased the Kriega US5 today. No ideas how to securely mount the thing, no obvious subframe points under the seat, and the clips etc push the seat up so it mounts badly. I'm wary of strapping to the seat as the seat itself doesn't anchor that well. Apparently it's a breeze on the 899.

#17 ·
Yes it is.....in fact all 3 live inside:grin2:.......and funny u mention the cold start issue.....it happened to me when I first got the bike and then nothing for over 3000kms........pulled it out the other week and it had starting issues. I believe It's got nothing to do with outside temps.
Your from Perth as well........let's exchange numbers if u want to join up for a ride.?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.