Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have search in most topics but no one gave a definite answer about the LCD... like I freaking love to have the same multi-color LCD that the V4 have or that the 899 have or 1199/1299 have... is it doable to convert my LCD to multi-color instead of the black/white? I’m sure it gotta be software related...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its a whole different screen with different programming that is not a plug and play deal. At least not without getting some error codes on the dash. I believe a couple of people have done it.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
@sor3765 - there is a thread here that discusses what’s involved, gotta search better.
There’s also a huge discussion about it on the 1299 forum - from what i recall you use an 1199 screen - but the catch is the mileage is in the screen and there’s a light on it that you can’t turn off because the 959 isn’t equipped with the feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@sor3765 - there is a thread here that discusses what’s involved, gotta search better.
There’s also a huge discussion about it on the 1299 forum - from what i recall you use an 1199 screen - but the catch is the mileage is in the screen and there’s a light on it that you can’t turn off because the 959 isn’t equipped with the feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will check it out I never pay attention to the 1299 forum but will check it out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its an easy mod if you are good on the tools, this is one I did earlier on the 959

You never got any code errors on it?? Been reading off of other forums that is one permenant thing is the unknown error shows up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interested as well in error codes.

As far as the clusters and mileage, the cluster doesn't hold the mileage. The box under the seat does.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Interested as well in error codes.

As far as the clusters and mileage, the cluster doesn't hold the mileage. The box under the seat does.
I have an 1199 display on the shelf but have held off installing it yet. The error display is there according to those who have tried it, and the mileage picks up where the display left off. It is not synced with the bikes computer. It does not show actual mileage.

Check out this thread.

http://www.959panigale.net/forum/95...18-1199-instrumentation-959-a.html#post161930

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have an 1199 display on the shelf but have held off installing it yet. The error display is there according to those who have tried it, and the mileage picks up where the display left off. It is not synced with the bikes computer. It does not show actual mileage.

Check out this thread.

http://www.959panigale.net/forum/95...18-1199-instrumentation-959-a.html#post161930
" The reports from 899 owners who have done this state that when the original instrument in reinstalled, accurate total miles are displayed since that number is stored in another location and syncs properly with the OEM unit. "

That is exactly what I meant^^ I was not clear enough. I didn't know the mileage wouldn't display accurately, just knew the mileage was 'logged' elsewhere

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Code:
System sorted and forks now electronically adjustable....sweet as...
This deserves a Complete Write-Up that takes 10 minutes to read... your response just doesn't cut it here, please expand on it!!!
>:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Code:
This deserves a Complete Write-Up that takes 10 minutes to read... your response just doesn't cut it here, please expand on it!!!
AGREED we need all the details how you do this modification...!!!! ASAP PLEASE!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Code:
Indeed.

Besides just plugging in the 1199 display (I have one ready for install) what did you do to avoid error readings and how did you wire up the adjustable electronic cartridges?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@PatinaCC

Would you mind walk up onstage and explain step by step how it’s done and to remove all the errors necessary for this to work on all our bikes please...?!?! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't think we're going to get answers from PatinaCC - I'm skeptical the picture he posted is even a 959, it's probably a 1299...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts