Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh man! So Jealous I am not there this weekend! I heard the night activities are going to be awesome.

I did the downtown track a few weekends ago, so much fun. If you have some extra dough hook up with Manny for some one-on-one training, he is an excellent coach.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kev. Will you be there for the HVMC day? I've been thankful for a few sessions with Richie and Cory Alexander.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
What track is that?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Trying to get there, figuring out my next track day, I want to do NJMP or VIR, something with some legs, but NYST is a great learning track, every turn there is difficult.

Dougo, NYST, near-ish to Hunter Mountain ski area if you have ever been there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just checked my schedule and gonna sneak a day in this Monday, if you have never run the track in reverse this is a "must do"! Instead of every turn being downhill they all become uphill.

Very confusing that everyone still labels the turns as the original layout, can't wrap my brain around turn 1 being turn 18! Limited horsepower in that domain I guess, old dog new tricks and all.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Trying to get there, figuring out my next track day, I want to do NJMP or VIR, something with some legs, but NYST is a great learning track, every turn there is difficult.

Dougo, NYST, near-ish to Hunter Mountain ski area if you have ever been there.
Never been there but I do know some people who have. Do you like it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Asphalt is excellent, only a few bumps where pit lane joins the track. True run off is lacking (similar to Summit) but almost every turn is very wide so if you have a bobble there is plenty of track to gather it up and keep going.

There is no chance to catch your breath, even the straight has a few hairy bits (the aforementioned pit out dips will produce some good wheelies at WOT before shooting up the hill) so concentration is taxed. I find myself cutting sessions early if I have one brain fade moment, pit in, rehydrate and get ready for the next session.

A different experience to a full fledge track with fat curbs, run off, ARMCO(!!!), but a great place to improve your riding and the owner Greg along with his staff are excellent hosts. Very laid back as long as you are not a jackass.

I prefer when they run the clockwise Downtown configuration since the majority of the turns are now uphill which increases confidence. The Uptown configuration has me worried about low sides all the time but you do get to tackle "wheelie hill" turn 7 in that configuration. Get it right and its a real thriller!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts