Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered from amazon and had in 3 days, that delay seems odd. I used Amazon so if they didnt fit or I didnt like them i could return them quickly.

I will try and get wall reflector pics tonight, can someone do the same with stock lights? Just looking at the splash in the garage the High beam looks pretty weird, the ground pattern matches the stock halogen but I never noticed the pattern on a wall. Maybe its just natural for the reflector. I hope its not an LED directional thing because I really don't want to open it up again.

I used some double sided tape also, and finding a good place to mount is pretty easy.

You can only hear the fans when the motor is off and they are then still barely audible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was wondering about the direction of the bulbs too. In one of your pics it looks like the LED faces up on the low beam, but to the side and slightly down on the high beam.

Are there locating tabs or can they be rotated? Does the other side match?

·
Registered
46 Posts
As with the halogens there are 3 tabs which the light could start in 3 diff angles.

The lows both sides are complete horizontal - - , with the highs both side slight angle downward out board / \

I made sure that after install on all lights the wires were facing straight down

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took both of my Phillips out and could not get either LasFit in. After trying for quite some time I gave up and put the SUPER dim Phillips back in because I did not want to damage the LED's or the housing on my fairing. Dbrisson did your LasFit slide and turn right in? I could see all three tabs and lined up the three tabs, but no luck. Seems like I could not get the LED in far enough and in straight enough. I even removed the orange o-ring / gasket and tried again without luck.

Two things I found bizarre. If I look at the three tabs (One big tab, two small tabs.) on both lights they are aligned differently. Meaning, if I put the big tab at 12 o'clock, on one LED, the wiring harness is at 1 o'clock and on the other LED, with the big tab at 12 o'clock the wiring harness is at 6 o'clock. The second thing is and I could be mistaken, but the two tabs inside the connector on the LED's seem to be placed further apart than on the stock bulbs and on the Phillips. (I didn't even want to test them because I could potentially damage the connecting wiring harness on my bike.)

I got my LasFit from AMAZON. "LASFIT LS Series H11/H8/H9/H16 LED Headlight Kits-LUMILEDS LUXEON Z ES Chips-90W 10000LM 6000K-Hi/Lo Beam/Fog Light-2 Yr Warranty'" is what it reads on my AMAZON electronic receipt, but no identifying paperwork came from LasFit and the box is not marked anywhere with the LED model number. The do however look exactly like the picture.

Comments Dbrisson? Congrats on the OHLINS steering damper BTW!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was wondering about the direction of the bulbs too. In one of your pics it looks like the LED faces up on the low beam, but to the side and slightly down on the high beam.

Are there locating tabs or can they be rotated? Does the other side match?
PatrickR as you can see in my post above the locating tabs on my LED's were way off. (Almost exactly opposite.) There is a small screw (One screw on each LED) and you can rotate the locating tabs. However, even after rotating mine I could not get them exactly the same in both LED's, only much closer.

I really want these to work and am tempted to try to install them again, but really don't want to force them in and I think that is my only option. That and to remove/install, remove install, over and over is only asking to break something IMO.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmm not sure what you are seeing, this is what I ordered and I was able to turn them in even easier than the halogen diamond visions, on the lows the wiring is pointing straight down. I just threw my box away so I cant look there.

even though the top tab is largeri swear i thought the lights could go in any number of postions aka wire down, to left one notch etc

Let me check now

he is what I ordered below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3333R1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ASFIT LS Series H11/H8/H9/H16 LED Headlight Kits-LUMILEDS LUXEON Z ES Chips-90W 10000LM 6000K-Hi/Lo Beam/Fog Light-2 Yr Warranty

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looking again the thick top goes up top and the wire will be slightly left when looking from behind.

I just pulled the driver side and while snug was able to twist with the plastic stuff in place with a finger on the wire side while pushing on on the fan cover.

DB

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Dbrisson. I don't get it because ordered the same LED's. The Phillips installation was no problem. The LasFit nothing but problems. I can not get the LasFit's to go into the housing and more importantly, the two silver, metal prongs that are supposed to plug into the connecter on the wiring harness are farther apart than the metal prongs on the stock H11's and the metal prongs on the Philips, so I am afraid to even plug the LasFit LED's into the connector, because they will likely bend the metal prongs and ruin the LED's and/or my wiring harness.

Maybe the LasFit's are mislabeled? Not sure, but I have to return them. MAN I REALLY WANT SOME BRIGHT LED's!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I spoke to LasFit this morning. They were as dumbfounded as the rest of us. I returned my first order and ordered another set. I will let the forum know how it works out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dbrisson was right and I was wrong. These LED's are completely plug & play and they are BRIGHT WHITE!!!! (HID bright IMO.) My second set came this morning and it took a while, but I got them installed. Unfortunately, I could not get them in with the orange o-ring / gasket, but it is a tight, secure fit without the o-ring. Also, I was skeptical about the driver, but I was able to remove the interior trim pieces and very easily, completely hide the driver.

The title of this thread is "Lights need upgrading" and this is a $109 perfect solution. That being said, I do not ride at night so can not comment on how these BRIGHT WHITE LED's light the road and would imagine peeps would flash their brights, but during the day, if you want to be seen like I do, these are the solution. Thanks again Dbrisson!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I added these to the low beam area, no fit issues at all, locked right in and looked like they grew there. Now the problem is they are so nice the Phillips Diamond bulbs that I moved to high beams look dim and yellow compared to these. I need to see how much distance there is for heat sinks in the high beam area. Looks like I am pulling it apart again and seeing if I can get an LED in the high beam area.

https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Headlight-Kits-LUMILEDS-Chips-90W-6000K-Hi/dp/B01N3333R1/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1496762268&sr=1-1&keywords=LASFIT+LS+Series+H11%2FH8%2FH9%2FH16+LED+Headlight+Kits-LUMILEDS+LUXEON+Z+ES+Chips-90W+10000LM

@Dbrisson

Thanks for the post, I just ordered mine from the Amazon. Excited to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Has anyone attempted to have both the lows and high beams on simultaneously?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I don't know where to put it as there's not that much clearance for anything with the needed candlepower that will fit under the fairing.
It would be advantageous if I could just have the low beams on with the highs.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Has anyone attempted to have both the lows and high beams on simultaneously?
Yes (and I'm now answering my own question) as I just tried that today while at the dealership.
and
No it doesn't work (at least not to my satisfaction). Here's why:

We removed and jumped the relay and that worked where the low beam stayed-on when switching-on the high beams.
Unfortunately, the low beams always stay on even with the key removed from the ignition. What would be needed is a manual toggle switch to turn-off the lights thereafter. Forget that one for me. We re-plugged the relay to stock.

P.S, Looking forward to seeing those Silver Star Ultra high-beam halogens in action tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
@Dbrisson Nice job.
I may replace my Philip Diamond lows with those LED's and take it from there. The Philip Diamond are a nice color but not very useful for riding. The Silver Star Ultra highs are better than stock and work for now but that could also change.

161 - 180 of 216 Posts