Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to turn off the front and rear lights including the LED in the headlamp? I located a fuse in the fuse box that indicate "lights" but that only turn off the head lamp and not the LED. I have a track day coming up and would like to know any other way to have that all turn off. If not i guess i can have it all tape off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was optimistic with the same fuse, did the same thing as you with no luck, ended up taping over the lights and dropping the rear turn signal/plate off the back for my track days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anybody know how to turn off the front and rear lights including the LED in the headlamp? I located a fuse in the fuse box that indicate "lights" but that only turn off the head lamp and not the LED. I have a track day coming up and would like to know any other way to have that all turn off. If not i guess i can have it all tape off.
Here is how I handled the track and it was acceptable for 4 track days this year.

For headlights, I simply ensured the high beams weren't turned on and unplugged the low beams right at the light.

For the rear lights (signals and brakes), there is one disconnect plug that is under the seat and just forward and beside the left side of the tank... its a little hard to get to but if you remove the seat and cut the panduits, you should be able to get it disconnected. Upon re-connection, its easiest if oyu removed the metal plate assembly that supports the front seat screw. The other option, and maybe easier is disconnecting the rear lights (3 wires, left and right turn signals, and brakes) a little further back. Its basically under the rear seat/ cowl. This becomes very evident if you replace the factory fender.

In the end, I never put a piece of tape on my bike and rode 4 track days with 3 different organizations at 2 different tracks with no issue.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advise. I just spent the last couple of hours trying to figure out whats the best option as my track day is around the corner. So what i found out for the rear lights, you can just simply unplug (picture provided below) it by removing 2 screw that holds the left side tail fairing. By doing that it will disable that light completely even if you hit the brakes. As for the turn signal, i currently have aftermarket fender eliminator so there's isn't much you need to do. Just don't use the signal. O yea, i did unplug the license plate light. For the front low beam, i removed the fuse. Lastly which was the biggest challenge, was the LED in the headlamp. I had to remove all the fairing for the front to locate the wire so i can add a switch so that way i can have it turn on if I'm street riding and have it off during track. PITA but atlease i know for my next track day, its cake walk.. haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
if you simply unplug the low beams (very easy with no other parts removed), there is no lights from the front as long as you don't turn on the highbeams. Otherwise, I think you may have found the easiest solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts