Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a race tail for my 959. I've an aftermarket subframe to go on and it's easier to loose the tail light etc.

I've looked on ebay etc and nothing really stands out. What are you using for a track only?

·
Registered
215 Posts
That costs way too much to crash with. I can get a whole set of bodywork from armour bodies for that price

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
@Rinzlr - then get the Fiberglass backed one for $399 instead of the 100% CF - 100% CF is expensive, everyone knows that...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Motoxp Ricambi has a tail set for ~170USD.

I don't personally have any experience from them, but here's a thread I made asking for race fairings, which has someone who bought race fairings (including tail) for their 959.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'm looking for a race tail for my 959. I've an aftermarket subframe to go on and it's easier to loose the tail light etc.

I've looked on ebay etc and nothing really stands out. What are you using for a track only?
Are you in the US? Get a Sharkskin "super bike" tail and seat pad.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pro fiber fairings

These pro fiber tails look ok and the full fairing although 1199 shape has a 99euro discount at the moment.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
These pro fiber tails look ok and the full fairing although 1199 shape has a 99euro discount at the moment.

Anyone have any experience with these?
I have not. Don't believe they're very common here in the US. Be cautious of the upper faring made for an 1199 fitting your 959 upper faring stays. The upper body faring may be too wide.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not. Don't believe they're very common here in the US. Be cautious of the upper faring made for an 1199 fitting your 959 upper faring stays. The upper body faring may be too wide.
Yes your right I would need to put the 899/1199 stay.

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I don't suppose they're giving that same discount on the 1229 version, eh? lol!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is only a couple vendors who offer 959/1299 race bodywork. Armour bodies was going to release it until they found out that by changing the fairing stay up front the 899/1199 stuff fits so they quit and sharkskinz hasn't released theirs yet. Motoxcambri offers unpainted and painted 959/1299 bodywork and the quality is very good. I'll probably go that route when I order and I can even get woodcraft at cost.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'm surprised to hear Sharkskins do not have stuff for the 1299 / 959 yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts