Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Looking for your opinions on a trade I am contemplating. I currently have a 16 Yzf r1m and looking to get a 959 Corse. I am concern I may get buyers remorse. Especially when it comes to power compared to my R1M. My previous Ducati's where a 998,999, and 1199. Decided to take a break but starting to miss riding Ducati's. Now that I seen the Corse in person, I'm feeling the itch bad. Just wondering if anyone here regretted coming from a litre bike to a smaller displacement bike. This will be used only for street riding, I got my ZX for a track bike.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Plenty of guys on this board came from more powerful liter bikes. However, the Pani is no slouch.
With 136HP at the rear wheel and more importantly 69 ft-lb of torque, this bike will reach a 160mph top end, 0-60 mph in 2.8s and a 1/4 mile in 10.3s. These are among the best of class numbers. How much faster do you need on the street?
Most of us have chosen the 959 for other attributes than the ultimate raw power.

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I currently have a 16 Yzf r1m and looking to get a 959 Corse. I am concern I may get buyers remorse. Especially when it comes to power compared to my R1M. This will be used only for street riding, I got my ZX for a track bike.
FYI, the 959 Panigale is faster 0~60mph than your 16 Yzf r1m which is what counts on the street. However, the YZF is faster on the 1/4 mile.
https://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/motorcycle/

https://www.cycleworld.com/aprilia-...f-r1-sportbike-comparison-test-review#page-11

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Hello

Looking for your opinions on a trade I am contemplating. I currently have a 16 Yzf r1m and looking to get a 959 Corse. I am concern I may get buyers remorse. Especially when it comes to power compared to my R1M. My previous Ducati's where a 998,999, and 1199. Decided to take a break but starting to miss riding Ducati's. Now that I seen the Corse in person, I'm feeling the itch bad. Just wondering if anyone here regretted coming from a litre bike to a smaller displacement bike. This will be used only for street riding, I got my ZX for a track bike.
Raistlin, I currently ride everything from a ZX-6R to a ZX-14, depending upon the type of riding you do, the 959 seems to pretty much hold it's own against everything except in top speed runs. If you are running twisties and keep speeds to sane levels, you aren't going to be giving anything up to the larger bikes, just my .02.:grin2:

Reactions: dougo1199 and DarR

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I have both a 959 and 1199. I have never ridden the 1199 on the street, but I can tell you there is a significant difference in power delivery between the two bikes. The 959 is much more linear with no surprises anywhere. The 1199, as you know, has a much harder hit to it. I believe both machines make great track bikes, but I think the 959 makes for a more usable street bike over the 1199 / 1299.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You may not miss the power, but you may miss some of the other things your R1 has. Especially if it's an M. You're going to lose the electronic suspension, lift control, slide control, cornering ABS, lean sensitive traction control, and a blipper. If you don't use any of those things, then make the switch. Bike vs. bike I'll always pick my Panigale over my others to ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! So I made my decision to switch back to Ducati. I just feel the M1 is just a waste on the street. The 959 I believe will satisfy my weekend blasts with the friends. I thought about selling my Zx6 track bike and use the r1, but it would kill me to dump such a expensive bike. I am also going to try and sell my M1 privately. Dealer low balled me on trade in. Also bad time of year to sell here in Canada. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As someone mentioned, the power delivery is different than a inline 4 and the top end craziness of a Japanese liter bike isn’t there, but IMO the nimbleness and flick ability of the 959 more than makes up for it.

I have a juiced CBR 1000RR in my garage next to my 959, and I have to make a conscious effort to get the Honda out regularly to move the fluids around and keep the battery charged...mostly because the CBR feels fat and heavy vs. the Panigale. It’s a first-world problem to have an awesome machine like the Fireblade that is still my second choice to ride, but bottom line is the Panigale is my favorite bike ever.

Enjoy your new 959 and good luck selling the R1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts