Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 6400 on mine, still a good amount of tread left. It should be said that I am not an aggressive rider, so that makes a difference.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am a weekend rider and I didn't get more than 3,000 miles off the first rear tire before getting new ones. (I ride them to the wear line). I am on my second pair and I am about to get a another rear tire. This one went fast because I did a trackday and I have another lined up.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'm close to 3K miles and I'm a weekend rider, offensive I would describe the way I ride, not defensive and definitely not aggressive. I'm about due in the next 300 miles or so, perhaps sooner.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
how many miles i can get to a tire of a ducati 959 panigale
There are some lengthly threads on tire wear in this forum you may want to check out. Short answer - it's different for everyone - and sometimes considerably different!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. what i can see. i can get like 4000 miles that is good because fews guys told me. i need to change the tires every 2500 miles. this why i did check

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I totally agree with Dougo, biggest variable is the type of riding and aggression levels of the pilot. OEM Pirellis last about 1500 -2000 miles for me, no highway, all twisties. I change as a set, the rears will hit the wear bars first but the fronts start to develop a distinctive V shape that affects turn in and line holding in the corners, so they get changed out with the rear. Tires are cheap, skin is expensive to repair is my philosophy.

Reactions: dougo1199 and DarR

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
YMWV...a lot.
Rider weight is a huge factor. Big difference between a 160lbs rider and one weighing in at 225lbs. Then multiply that by the G-Force.
For example, the guy on this photo probably goes through a pair each month.

Attachments

·
487 Posts
There are a lot of factors which determine the tire wear, most have been discussed above. Just wondering why this is such a concern?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
YMWV...a lot.
Rider weight is a huge factor. Big difference between a 160lbs rider and one weighing in at 225lbs. Then multiply that by the G-Force.
For example, the guy on this photo probably goes through a pair each month.

LOL...yea there's another variable....:grin2:

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
There are a lot of factors which determine the tire wear, most have been discussed above. Just wondering why this is such a concern?

Agreed, tires are the biggest single maintenance cost on a sportbike, if you're gonna play, you're gonna pay, there's no getting around that simple fact.:nerd:

·
487 Posts
Agreed, tires are the biggest single maintenance cost on a sportbike, if you're gonna play, you're gonna pay, there's no getting around that simple fact.:nerd:
In reality though, they aren't that pricey. Compared to some mods people do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts