Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2018 I can't see sh!t just my arms, any solutions?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use barend mirrors I been there with my 2018 too it just seeing my shoulder and arms I hated it. The barend mirrors does wonders!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you do get barend mirrors then gotta get mirror knockoff turn signals.. which is the sucky part about OEM mirrors because that mirror comes with turn signals combined not separately..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rizoma Veloce L..... no buffeting at any legal speeds and pretty good rear visibility. Just a slight tuck of my elbow and I can see behind me. They're pricey, but look way better than bar end mirrors and you don't have to get those unsightly mirror block off turn signals.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice thought but no

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DarR
Good info my concern though is ability to see behind me not fragility, I can only see my elbows. I'm guessing bar ends unless any of the options like you mentioned are actually longer and can see past my elbows.

·
Registered
592 Posts
DarR
Good info my concern though is ability to see behind me not fragility, I can only see my elbows. I'm guessing bar ends unless any of the options like you mentioned are actually longer and can see past my elbows.
Moto-Science

https://moto-science.com

They can put an 1199 long arm on a 959 mounting base which gives a really good view to the rear. Less vibration than stock and they pivot at the base. Not a perfect pivot mechanism, it can get loose over time and blow back with the wind. (at least they dont break when you walk into them)

I liked them and would buy again despite the one drawback.

Pics of them on my previous bike below. The front view pic is a comparison shot, moto-science 1199 long arm on the right, OEM on the left side of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
@Jedclampet - don’t be concerned with what’s behind you when you’re riding! Go faster boy!!! Haha

I only use my mirrors when I’m stopped at a light. They’re super sturdy and look great, but are the same distance as stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found the mirrors on mine to be useless. I took them off and installed a rear view camera. Gives me much better field of vision.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Cool. Why don't you incorporate Google Glass into your helmet and ditch that huge screen... what a distraction!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool. Why don't you incorporate Google Glass into your helmet and ditch that huge screen... what a distraction!
I don't find the screen a distraction at all. It is smaller than a cell phone. I have never used google glass before, but looking at them I don't think they would work for me and the price tag on them is just too much.
My set up works me, but it may not be for everyone.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I don't find the screen a distraction at all. It is smaller than a cell phone. I have never used google glass before, but looking at them I don't think they would work for me and the price tag on them is just too much.
My set up works me, but it may not be for everyone.
This is true.
How is the screen and camera powered? Batteries? or did you wire it into the bike?
Which camera is it? how does it connect to the screen? RCA, BNC or phoenix connector?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i installed rubber isolating bushes into the frame that the mirrors are mounted to. vibration almost gone and you can see behind a lot better,also they survive an accidental bump without breaking

·
Registered
18 Posts
i installed rubber isolating bushes into the frame that the mirrors are mounted to. vibration almost gone and you can see behind a lot better,also they survive an accidental bump without breaking
Can you send a pic of the bushes you installed so I can get a rough idea....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts