Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding buddy and I and our significant others are planning to catch the race at COTA next year, if possible the Ducati grandstand package. We will be driving from Houston. Has anyone done this previously? I really want to do the Ducati pavilion and be there all 3 days. The wives will probably only attend the race itself. Any suggestions or pointers?

P.S.: I will be cheering for Rossi and Dovi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: aayp

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I was supposed to go this past year for the F1 race, that got rained out (mostly) incidentally! I would love to go to the MotoGP race with my bike and be a part of the Ducatisi! I'll look into it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'll be there. They didn't have a Mv Agusta island so I didn't get to park anywhere close but it's a blast. They have a tent to check your gear also so you aren't carrying it all day. Hope I see some people there next year

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can't answer your question. Never gone but plan to go next year. Just waiting for MotoGP to confirm the 2017 schedule. I'll be flying out from CA with the family so no motorbike. I plan to get a seat along the start/finish straight with a view of the big screen.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I used to live in Houston and we would drive to Austin regularly to water ski on Lake Austin and boat around on Lake Travis.

Going up 290 was a boring route to take and instead we would head out I-10 and take 71 from Sealy.

Try and plan to stay a few days and if you are riding, then consider the Three Sisters or one of many other well know bike routes around the Hill Country.

Texas doesn't have a lot to offer those living in mountainous areas as far as variety in changing elevation goes, but there are plenty of twisty roads with some degree of forgiveness among the local law enforcement provided you are polite and are not outwardly riding dangerously towards other motorists.

Reactions: nuuby

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't be riding (flying in from Boston). Everyone who's going should try to meet up.
I'm waiting for the date and tickets to be released, to start looking for a good deal. My dealer might be able to set me up with something.

Is the Ducati Island free for Duc owners? I've been told to just walk in with a Ducati key.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the Ducati Island free for Duc owners? I've been told to just walk in with a Ducati key.[/QUOTE]

It was at Laguna Seca this year for WSBK. In fact they didn't check for anything when I walked in. I had my Desmo owners club card just in case though :smile2:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anyone can walk in and through Ducati island. If you ride your Ducati there you can park there and also do a track ride if you buy the Ducati ticket. I've done two track days at cota and it's amazing. I'll be going for motogp next year and also to do a track day or two there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went last year and here is what I was able to figure out.

Anyone can go to Ducati Island, there is a stage, large grass area for bikes (Ducati of course), Ducati store and a Ducati owners lounge.

If you purchase the Ducati Island Pass you are able to park your bike on Ducati Island (green grass area) in front of the stage and you get general admission tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They also have a tent where you can check in your gear and they will hold onto it until you are ready to leave (All of your belongings go into a bag and you get a ticket). You also get a Ducati bag with a lanyard with some other goodies.

If you watch the Cota video from Ducati on youtube (link below) it gives you a pretty good idea of what it looks like. Also ducati island is right behind the turn 15 grand stands and there is a grassy area by the second to last turn (go pretty full on race day).

Overall it is a great experience, I currently live in Houston so it was a short drive but I am being transferred to Atlanta and I am already planning how I am going to get my bike down here for MotoGP next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts