Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I have been searching around and can't seem to find much input for a project I'm starting. I want to powder coat the left and right motor supports (the silver bracket on either side that the rearsets bolt to). Does anybody know if it is safe to remove both of these brackets at the same time? I plan on having the rear of the bike supported through the center of the swingarm pivot point and the rear shock will obviously be unloaded. Do I need to support the motor at all? I will be powder coating the rear shock brackets and stabilizer arm as well. The end goal is to get rid of all the silver on the bike. If anyone can point me in the right direction or has removed these peices before any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Those aren't the motor supports, they're called the swingarm shaft supports. Download the Service Manual for instructions on how to remove them (Page 689). You will need to support the engine, remove the rear wheel, shock with arms and both footpeg holder plates. Take pics during the process!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dingo, I've been doing some homework in the service manual hopefully I'm not stuck with two halves of a Panigale when all is said and done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts