Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of rhetoric coming out of Europe banning bikes in city centres I invite the Politicos to watch this video of a moto-ambulance slicing its way through traffic in order to reach the emergency faster...

I don't see why every city isn't using moto-ambulance first responders...

·
Registered
61 Posts
While the large ambulance is stuck in traffic the moto-ambulance first responders will be cutting lanes during peak rush hours and reaching the location in good time.

No idea why I don't see this around the city. There's cops on motorcycles but why not paramedics?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great example of how effective moto first responders are.

Granted Hinds was trained for motorcycle accidents but he does make a good point about being able to reach harder to access locations within a shorter amount of time to stabilize patients.

·
Registered
82 Posts
And think of the Batbike...

They definitely have their uses, but the same thing that makes them useful makes them dangerous. They can move quickly through small spaces that cars can't.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Moto-ambulances are smart, a lot of perks to them, reduced cost per vehicle and you have few obstacles if any. Way too many times i've seen ambulances stuck in traffic and waiting for the mass of vehicles to move, time is everything.

The only improvements i've seen in large cities are the use of Tahoe's as first responders but limitations of them as not far off from ambulances.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anything bigger than a motorcycle will get stuck during peak hours and even when people want to move out of the way they simply can't until the next green light.
I've gotten stuck in front of an ambulance once but I just couldn't move away because there was nowhere to go.

Now I'm curious to see if my city has moto ambulances. Granted they can't be used when the snow hits but still good to have.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The issue is not waiting for the green light, when an emergency vehicle has its lights and sirens on traffic lights are completely irrelevant, it's all a matter of whatever judgement drivers have... and that is to know to get the F*** out the way. The REAL issue is when you have a mass amount of vehicles ahead of you all stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, like on a highway or a long stretch of road where traffic signals are far apart.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The issue is not waiting for the green light, when an emergency vehicle has its lights and sirens on traffic lights are completely irrelevant, it's all a matter of whatever judgement drivers have... and that is to know to get the F*** out the way. The REAL issue is when you have a mass amount of vehicles ahead of you all stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, like on a highway or a long stretch of road where traffic signals are far apart.
Even so you can't just stick yourself in the middle of the intersection, yea you absolutely have to get out of the way of ambulances, but only in a safe manner...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks like my city doesn't have something like this implemented. Just a group spreading bike safety awareness.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Even so you can't just stick yourself in the middle of the intersection, yea you absolutely have to get out of the way of ambulances, but only in a safe manner...
Of course you can't and no one is going to ask you to put the safety of others at risk, it all comes down to sound judgement, just because you hear/see an emergency coming up behind you doesn't mean you need to jump into live traffic without thinking about what you're about to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts