Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across a review of the 959 Panigale from a motovlogger (Taylor202). Just wanted to share it here with you guys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
He claims that the quick shifter is for up and down shifts. My understanding is thats not true. I use it for up shifts but I'm almost certain it does not work for downshifts. The slipper was was installed to assist instead.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Says it in the manual "up" only. You are correct.
Indeed. I wondered if perhaps there was a different spec depending on what country the bike was destined for. In any case, I've thankfully never attempted a clutchless downshift on my 959.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Indeed. I wondered if perhaps there was a different spec depending on what country the bike was destined for. In any case, I've thankfully never attempted a clutchless downshift on my 959.

I still like the feeling of "blipping" the throttle during downshifts. I like the fact that the 959 doesn't have the auto-blip feature!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I still like the feeling of "blipping" the throttle during downshifts. I like the fact that the 959 doesn't have the auto-blip feature!
I blipped my Monster but I don't on this bike. I don't care for the ambiguity of the throttle on the 959. I need to get the spacers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I blipped my Monster but I don't on this bike. I don't care for the ambiguity of the throttle on the 959. I need to get the spacers.
Go to either the 899 or 1299 forum and do a search on throttle slop. Plenty of info on there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts