Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 959 Pani (17th Ducati I've owned) on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier with my choice to get the "middle weight" vs. going with the Pani 1299.

Mods So Far: DP- Rearsets, Levers, Gas Cap, Front Fork Sliders, comfort seat, seat cowl and Radiator guard. New Rage Cycles- Undertail kit.

Coming: Ohlins TTX rear shock, Ohlins damper and Fronk Fork Drop-In's.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That bolt doesn't come with the kit?

It does but the 959 is just enough different that the one supplied in the kit isn't long enough. But everything else works perfect.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It does but the 959 is just enough different that the one supplied in the kit isn't long enough. But everything else works perfect.
Ok, thanks. Where did you get the bolt from? I was going to order the kit tonight. Sorry to be a pain in the ***.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put 100 miles on it today and several more planned for tomorrow!

Also added a few more goodies:

Stomp Grip

And the DP Brake & Clutch Res:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ouuu those DP rezzys are sexxxyyyy

Thanks! I like them better than the Rizoma and the DP's come with the all important brackets to fit the bike correctly.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great review and nothing negative about the 959 at all! Do you plan to leave the suspension as is since it's already performing well?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for pointing out the need to get spacers, not the first time I've heard someone sharing that feedback. Might be one of the more common mods due to how cheap and effective and even rewarding it is.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've got about 350 miles on mine. I echo Rucks comments. The bike is really easy to ride. It needs to be rev'd however. If you're coming form a 1098/1198, the engine characteristics are really quite different. To me, the brakes lack initial bite but I don't mind that actually. There is nothing wrong with them, they stop the bike just fine but you'll need a little more lever travel than what you might be used to. I don't have the throttle spacers but I think they're necessary. The throttle is sensitive and a little light for my tastes. Easy mod I assume.

So far so good. Rage Cycles tail kit arrived today, I'll install that soon. DP reservoirs are the only other mod plans at the moment.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rage Cycles fender eliminator kit? It's going to improve the look of the tail dramatically. Pictures once it's been installed. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Over the weekend I was able to find some time to do the install of my Full Akro Ti Exhaust system. From start to finish it took me just under 5hrs. I had all the tools and a bike lift so that made doing the install much easier. The directions provided with the exhaust system from Ducati Performance are top notch and really help with excellent directions and pictures. I would rate the install a 6 out of 10 (10 being the most difficult).

I've only put about 20 miles on it after I did the install but my first impression is....WOW!!!! Rev's even faster, smoother Mid-Range, torque really comes on and is noticable sooner. I did a (low RPM) 2nd gear roll-on wheelie with almost no effort...:smile2:and third gear seems to be the most effected with huge gain in power from 6K up to rev limit.

I know $5K for an exhaust... Well I learned long ago that Ducati's need to breath and the stock exhaust system doesn't allow that to happen so my answer to this is don't buy a Ducati unless you can afford to put an exhaust on it. Just my opinion not the bible.

Ohh and the fact that you lose a ton of weight over the stock exhaust is another great reason to "Pony Up" for the Akro!

More to come after I get some real miles to test the performance... Cheers!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Very nice choice of accessories. Damm, that bike loooooks sweeet!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts