Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my 959 to dyno this week, and here's the result.

- Max HP: 122.2
- Max Speed: over 299 speedo
- AFR is not the best, but good enough:
+ Twist the throttle hardly, the fuel is missing, AFR is too high
+ Twist the throttle smoothly, AFR is good enough

My bike has:

- Termignoni Carbon slipon D155102CPT + D155Y2
- Upmap T800 959 16 D155 SR, which claims to produce +6,20hp and +2,57nm at the max power

The guy who run the dyno told me that my bike is good enough, no need to flash ECU, using the Termignoni map is good.

The only thing I concern is max HP is only 122.2. My 959 is euro 4 version, Ducati claims it produces 150 BHP at max power. If we decrease 20%, the real power should be 120 HP, plus 6.2 HP from termi, should be 126.2? Or the 959 only produces 115 HP?

Link test speed: https://scontent-hkg3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=5f1decaa18bf5c563a7fc961cf756558&oe=5C1317C9

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
The one claims by manufacture is measured by the engine alone.

Yes, and Dyno measures on the wheels. But have you measured before the termignoni?

Termignoni claims a gain of 6hp but it is not precise, depends on each motorcycle, and this gain is probably on the engine, not on wheel.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
@cuonglm
I'm very sorry to say this about aftermarket exhaust manufacturers but "welcome to the world of snake oil sales".
Without opening the intake plus a good AFR rebalancing, most slip-ons produce nothing in the best of times.
In fact, by themselves, they could actually reduce power as the engine may run leaner especially if the exhaust valve is disabled.

Nothing about an extra 6.2hp on Termignoni's website. (see screen-shot below) Where did that number come from may I ask?

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Also dynos are wildly inconsistent, they fluctuate heavily based on many factors: temp, air in dyno station or lack of... I wouldn't get too concerned about what your bike is making

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Indeed! I'm sure the temps are high and the air is quite humid there.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Atmospheric conditions plays a big role in dyno reading and variances.
I use to follow drag racing years ago. All the fastest times were from Fremont Ca.
It had a good track but so did others. The distinguishing feature of Fremont was the perfect temperatures, humidity and barometric pressure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@cuonglm
I'm very sorry to say this about aftermarket exhaust manufacturers but "welcome to the world of snake oil sales".
Without opening the intake plus a good AFR rebalancing, most slip-ons produce nothing in the best of times.
In fact, by themselves, they could actually reduce power as the engine may run leaner especially if the exhaust valve is disabled.

Nothing about an extra 6.2hp on Termignoni's website. (see screen-shot below) Where did that number come from may I ask?
Here is it https://www.up-map.it/en/upmap-t800-maps-ducati-panigale-959/

I'm not sure about it, but a guy here use a full system Akrapovic, and the dyno result is 131 HP, which is appropriate 10% better as advertise by Akrapovic.

And if you look at the graph, the AFR is actually affected by the termignoni map.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Codice: 959 16 D155 SR ...sure enough, noted.
Did Termignoni recommend any intake filter change to accompany the map?

However, if the blue line represents the T-map then there's definitely an improvement in the mid range AFR as the red line runs lean.
Notwithstanding, your assumption from Ducati's HP to rear wheel HP is reasonable. Moreover, you're not that far off.
Like the guys previously mentioned, maybe it's just a bad case of atmospheric conditions or perhaps low tire pressure, high chain tension, high tension on straps all of which can alter the reading.

Like KarlKani wrote, don't worry about the numbers.
In fact, those results are really meaningless without comparing them to the stock bike under identical testing conditions.

Reactions: cuonglm

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Codice: 959 16 D155 SR ...sure enough, noted.
Did Termignoni recommend any intake filter change to accompany the map?

However, if the blue line represents the T-map then there's definitely an improvement in the mid range AFR as the red line runs lean.
Notwithstanding, your assumption from Ducati's HP to rear wheel HP is reasonable. Moreover, you're not that far off.
Like the guys previously mentioned, maybe it's just a bad case of atmospheric conditions or perhaps low tire pressure, high chain tension, high tension on straps all of which can alter the reading.

Like KarlKani wrote, don't worry about the numbers.
In fact, those results are really meaningless without comparing them to the stock bike under identical testing conditions.
Yes, the slipon comes with an air filter (Sprint Air Filter), I installed it, too.

The only different between the red line and blue line is how the throttle is opened. The red line means the throttle is opened very quick, from closed point to maximum point. The blue line means smoothly. It means even I open the throttle quickly, the bike does not produce more power (The fuel is missing, too many air, less fuel). But I really love the mid range, from 7-8k rpm above, the bike is insane.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Resurrecting this thread as I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on UpMap D155 SO flash for my 959 with stock air filter + Akra slip-on. This was a great read and helped steer me this direction. Any additional thoughts 2 years later? I'm more interested in if this map helps smooth the low rpm fueling (4-6k rpm?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Motosport Exotica in Hollywood, CA installed in my 2016 Ducati 959 a Termignoni Front Exit slip on + Sprint Filter P08 + Rapid bike EVO. They also created a base map even though the Rapid bike is auto tune. After installing all 3 upgrades,
20210519_185900.jpg
20210519_185911.jpg
the BLUE is before the tune and GREEN is after. The bike is running like a champ. Totally made the bike 100% better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was able to test the bike this weekend up at ACH. It was cloudy and damp at the bottom to about 4000ft. At 5000ft the sun came out. Newcombs Ranch is at 5340ft. The throttle response was outstanding in all condition and in all rev ranges. Now...does it really have 136HP? I don't know and I am not too concerned about the numbers. But what I can say is it is 100% better than before the upgrade and tune. If they told me she only had 120HP it would not bother me because I can tell there is a big difference. She screams like a champ!!! Even the LEOs agree! :)

20210516_121540.jpg
20210516_121828.jpg

20210516_114051.jpg
20210516_114104.jpg
20210516_121815.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts