Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who is interested I thought I would post my experiences with the CNC Racing items I installed on my bike IOT who help those who may have been looking into these items.
I ordered the parts from an online vendor and asked what would be needed for proper fitment ahead of time (the main reason I’ve created this post) I ended up with things I didn’t need and not everything I needed.
I wanted to continue to use CNC Racing parts on my bike because I like the look, quality and haven’t been let down yet. I asked the vendor what would be required to install the Rocket mirrors, if I could install handlebar ends with them and which ones would work. I was told that only the “Mini” handlebar ends would work along with mirrors and that I would also need the M8 screw adapters for the mirrors.

- The aluminum sleeves that come with the mirrors were either too small or too big to secure the assembly to the clip-on. I ended up trying to force the big one an ended up regretting it haha. Sometimes my frustration makes me do bad things.

- The handlebar ends we’re provided with various rubber pieces that expanded as you wrenched on the bolt to lock the assembly in place but ultimately I didn’t end up using them. They didn’t really get very tight. I was looking for a more solid mounting solution.

- In the end I purchased the Driven Racing bar end adapters from another vendor. They screw right into the OEM clip-ons and have an M6 threaded hole in the center. The handlebar end/mirror assembly screwed right in and is mounted very securely.

- I ended up not using the M8 adapters as they provided no benefit that I could see. The expander on the screw is the same diameter as the one on the M6 screw. The only real difference is the screw size M6 to M8 and since there is not M8 threaded hole in our OEM clip-ons I’m not sure why “I needed” this adapter kit.

- Also I do not see why you couldn’t use any model of the CNC Racing handlebar ends (or any bar end that uses an M6 screw) as the mirror mount is flat on the outside and there is plenty of screw length left over.

I am very satisfied with the end result and the mirrors/handlebar ends themselves are very nice. I just thought it might be nice to help any of you avoid the *** pain that I endured. If anyone else has any additional insight feel free to chime in. I’m no Rocket Surgeon. I will also attach photos to help you better understand my words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, the weight of my setup versus the OEM bar ends is comparable (173g and 169g respectively)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have purchased the same setup form design Corse before they went bust at the end of last year
They told me to order bar end adaptor For brake guard/ bar end mirrors but the bolt Is an M8. However the Rocket Mirrors are secured with an M6 bolt
can you let me know the CNC part numbers to order for the bar ends circled in green circle. & The mirror clamp circled in blue this appears to be an M8 .

Many thanks
freebird_61

·
Registered
16 Posts
- Also I do not see why you couldn’t use any model of the CNC Racing handlebar ends (or any bar end that uses an M6 screw) as the mirror mount is flat on the outside and there is plenty of screw length left over.

I am very satisfied with the end result and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey can you tell me which parts would be required if using stock bar ends?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts