Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought my first 959, but running into a brick wall with insurance. I have 3 minor tickets (no accidents, reckless, racing, highest speeding is 20 over). I just do a lot of driving, 65kms per year along frequently monitored routes. I'm 48 with an M2, anyone have a good suggestion for insurance?

Many thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If you have not yet picked-up the bike, you may want to reconsider taking delivery of a more insurance friendly bike for a few years as insurance companies do not appreciate insuring a Panigale on an M2 license, even with a clean driving record.
In three years, you will have a full M license and a clean driving record assuming you stay out of trouble. A sportbike would then be insurable at reasonable rates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, just bought my first 959, but running into a brick wall with insurance. I have 3 minor tickets (no accidents, reckless, racing, highest speeding is 20 over). I just do a lot of driving, 65kms per year along frequently monitored routes. I'm 48 with an M2, anyone have a good suggestion for insurance?

Many thanks,
Geoff
Yes that's me from gp. Go see ginni ask her about the list of recommended brokers. She show me the other day. Can't pm u in here do you have gtam account?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I do not know anything about Toronto but my insurance was more than doubled when I went from 1098s to 959.
Let me tell you about Toronto and its greater area known as the GTA. It's Canada's capital of aggressive driving and road rage. Expect to pay the highest insurance premiums of all of Canada if you reside in Toronto and especially in the GTA just north of Toronto. At the risk of overstepping the politically incorrect gangplank, many therein drive like they're still in the old country. Incidentally, Montrealers use to be the reining speed champions but fortunately, the plethora of pot-holes have slowed them down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts