Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ah ok. Expensive ear/eye candy. I can’t wait to see how it looks on your v2.
I love how my stock exhaust looks and sounds on my 16 959. I think the single side swing arm looks how dose it ride so far ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The can was a fraction of the price compared to the well known brands. I vetted the company and it all checked out.

Compared to the 959 not as stiff and more comfortable to ride. The elephant in the room is heat but not too bad unless it’s a 90+ degree day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea v2 soften the suspension and a few less hp stock.
I live in the desert. It’s not an elephant you have to realize what you have. A super bike. There are a few things you can do to help it.
1) don’t ride a super bike in stop and go long traffic in town.
2) go to the track race it or canyons that you have more air flowing in.
3) engine Ice as your coolant/anti freeze. Helps 20-40 degree cut in engine temp.
4) Ducati performance comfort seat. For your bum.
5) heat shield kit
6) heat tape I used this on a couple parts helps.

honestly I ride in 100+ heat on roads and twisties. I still never had a problem with heat. The only areas that got warm for me right ankle and left calf but both very little. Also I where full riding gear. Once I did a few things above never had any issues. I have not ridden the v2 so I’m not sure of the comparison between the models and age gap.
Ride the bike enjoy it. Make it yours. I love working on mine and riding it. It’s unlike any other bike I’ve ridden in the past. I have something for me to grow into. The performance, style, and Heritage. I’ve put over 5k miles on in 6months. If I could ride more I would. This forum is very helpful and lots of knowledge and experience in a friendly forum. Don’t be afraid to reach out if you have a question or other wise.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Compared to the 959 not as stiff and more comfortable to ride.
So yes and no. The stiffness was changed by a different spring rate so softer spring in the rear. This compromises track time.

More comfortable to ride that’s where I disagree. Most people don’t know how to set their suspension up for their tire, weight, and riding style. Now our bikes are not cruzers, nor are they enduro styles. So yes you are going to sacrifice comfort for performance. Once I had my suspension set up and tire pressure to match it felt like a whole new bike. For me it’s perfect I have all the performance I want and it handles my riding type of riding style and it’s amazing.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts