Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do some vinyl work from the local place that does vehicle wraps and window tinting, etc... Great guy, does solid work and he's also a Duc and BMW owner...

So here is what I have so far. He put down the white with some black accents, the front number plate and numbers(I have since removed the number from the right side, leaving just the left, I think it looks better than both)... I have a set of large "DUCATI" decals coming in black, that will go on the white side panels like you see on the Panigale R. When I am all done, he is going to take the panels and wrap them in high quality 3m clear, to protect everything.

What I am having trouble sourcing, is the "959 Panigale" decals that are on the upper side fairings. They look weird in silver with all the white and black. Additionally, the 959 Panigale decal on the left side(not shown) it really crooked, whoever put it on at the factory had to have been drunk. I never noticed it until we put on the white vinyl and had a reference point. It's off by like 8-10 degrees. LOL

I think the silver on the tank is ok, as it's not right up against the white. So I want the 959 Panigale decals to be in white, that should balance them out and make them "pop"...

Anyone have a source here in the states for them?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks nice!
I just recently added Ducati performance to the bottom of my fairing and I’m getting black decals for the 959 Panigale and tank DUCATI decal on Friday. I bought mine off eBay and I’m pretty happy with the quality. I looked into going with an online seller that u give the dimensions to but it was too expensive. All in all the decals will cost 50$. I’ll update on Saturday with the new black decals.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
@SquireSCA - don't know how good you are with Adobe Illustrator, but you could easily reproduce the "959 Panigale", then have them printed in whatever color you want if you don't want to do the ebay thing. Most places will do the art work for you as well, but that gets expensive. I usually use Fast Signs for my vinyls.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
For those that want the Ducati Font, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll get it to you...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks a lot better. I am considering not changing the "959 Panigale" decals and just having clear film applied to protect everything, but the one on the left side is clearly crooked from the factory and now that I know about it, it bugs me. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
CORRECTION from my earlier post...

the Font I have is Only the Same as the word PANIGALE that follows the 959 decal on the left and right fairings. It is Not the same as 959 or the word DUCATI on the tank.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I think I will do is just order up some OEM decals, just for the one side that is crooked. In the sun, the silver looks good next to the red, white and black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts