Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding for many years, wrenched on bikes (a good amount) 20 years ago and I promise it's not like riding a bike. I'm mechanically minded, but some of this is not calculating now and I wish I knew as much as I've forgotten.

Installing a Rapid Bike. Removed fairings, easy. Found all the connections I need to doctor. One is behind the piece of plastic that the ECU sits on. Removed the ECU, but many other connections on that part and most are zip-tied in a way that I would have to cut and disconnect them.

Any advice on getting behind that cover?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Been riding for many years, wrenched on bikes (a good amount) 20 years ago and I promise it's not like riding a bike. I'm mechanically minded, but some of this is not calculating now and I wish I knew as much as I've forgotten.

Installing a Rapid Bike. Removed fairings, easy. Found all the connections I need to doctor. One is behind the piece of plastic that the ECU sits on. Removed the ECU, but many other connections on that part and most are zip-tied in a way that I would have to cut and disconnect them.

Thanks!
Here's the thread about how I installed the Rapibike....look at Post 3:
http://www.959panigale.net/forum/959-panigale-tuning/8346-panigale-959-rapidbike-evo.html

From memory there were quite a few connections I had to unplug, and i had to unbolt/loosen that right side cover in order to move everything around enough to complete the install. I may have had to cut some zip ties and re-do them after. Don't cut any wires though :)

Lots of photo's before unplugging everything helps when routing it all and plugging it all back in.

Good luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Epic. Very helpful!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks!
Here's the thread about how I installed the Rapibike....look at Post 3:
http://www.959panigale.net/forum/959-panigale-tuning/8346-panigale-959-rapidbike-evo.html

From memory there were quite a few connections I had to unplug, and i had to unbolt/loosen that right side cover in order to move everything around enough to complete the install. I may have had to cut some zip ties and re-do them after. Don't cut any wires though :)

Lots of photo's before unplugging everything helps when routing it all and plugging it all back in.

Good luck
Epic, or anyone else that has installed one, where did you route the USB cable?

·
Registered
42 Posts

Hi TVGuy,

I left the USB cable connector hanging in front of the battery as shown in the attached pic in the install thread. I don't leave the USB cable plugged in while riding. It's a slightly awkward position, and does take a couple of minutes to fish it out when I want to plug the USB cable in, but it's workable for me.

Cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi TVGuy,

I left the USB cable connector hanging in front of the battery as shown in the attached pic in the install thread. I don't leave the USB cable plugged in while riding. It's a slightly awkward position, and does take a couple of minutes to fish it out when I want to plug the USB cable in, but it's workable for me.

Cheers
Thanks again! That's similar to what I did, but wanted to make sure it wasn't going to give me problems. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts